• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

I was wondering if the show could hold up with the most interesting villain gone a half dozen episodes before the finale.

Doesn't seem like it, although Black Star / Mifune stuff wasn't totally awful.

Neat trick for those extra foggy days.

I HAVE RISEN!

Thrown off the shackles of hanging out with a friend and watching Toonami in silence, I have returned for the back half! Getting the Wii U ready as we speak.

Tonight's theme so far? Legit Shookery

f56tyX8.gif
Yay!

Crocodile

Why couldn't Bones waited until the manga was finished

BONES, like any other studio, gets contracted to do adaptations. As long as they accept the job, they had no say in when they were doing it or how much of the manga was already out for them to adapt. There is no "let wait till the manga is done" only "the publisher want us to make this show while the IP is hot so we are doing it now".

Crocodile

Who hires the studio to do the adaptations?

You notice in the opening credits of EVERY anime there is a "_________ Committee" or a "________ Group"? That refers to a group of companies that have pooled money together to pay for the animators, secure a TV spot, secure ads etc. You can often research who is part of each "committee" for each show but for adaptations of manga is will likely include the publisher of the manga, TV stations, merchandisers, etc. Without their money, no show gets made so, understandably, the animators are beholden to their whims whatever they may be (like say starting an anime adaption for a popular property even if there isn't all that much manga to adapt). Production committees also play into original animes (like say Kill la Kill) as well but the composition tends to look different and I assume the animators are given a bit more freedom. I know in some circumstances for original anime studios go out and seek investors but I don't know if it works like that in every instance.

ReiGun

"On every mission, your life is on the line....except all those ones where you are finding cats and doing other menial tasks that will poorly prepare for actual ninja work."

Man God

Non-Canon Member
"On every mission, your life is on the line....except all those ones where you are finding cats and doing other menial tasks that will poorly prepare for actual ninja work."

Actually catching cats makes too much sense for ninja training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom