• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes it more funny/annoying is that in the first half, they tend to forget about that fact until "Oh right this rule applies to Kirito & his possible harem members" & then in the second half when people just respawn after death, it's treated more seriously than in the half where PEOPLE COULD ACTUALLY DIE IN REAL LIFE.

I don't know about that, Asuna's sacrifice, the guild massacre, and player suicide issue were treated seriously. They just came off as melodramatic because of poor character development and execution.

The problem is that both games are taken seriously but the lack of real life consequences in Alfheim make the 'risk' laughable.

I can't wait to see Mcxc's, Fox's, and any other first timers reactions to the finale of fma:b especially since a month ago we saw the finale of fma 03

Lord Aizen is not only great and powerful, he's also charitable. This figure sold for 400 bucks at an auction to benefit the Boys and Girls Club of Las Cruces.

1c6eNAb.jpg

What makes it more funny/annoying is that in the first half, they tend to forget about that fact until "Oh right this rule applies to Kirito & his possible harem members" & then in the second half when people just respawn after death, it's treated more seriously than in the half where PEOPLE COULD ACTUALLY DIE IN REAL LIFE.
Yea just remembered in the first half we got gems like "who actually knows if we die in IRL" *goes around making killing guilds and believes this while being stuck in a game for two years* and "SIGH, I *guess* we DO have to beat this game we're stuck in and can actually die in with tons of little kids and junk stuck in here with us" .

And then in part two it flips to "omg everyone is ABOUT TO GO TO WAR and this is the most LEGIT serious thing ever" (oh and Asuna is a literal damsel in distress stuck in a cage oh oh and mommy-)

Lord Aizen is not only great and powerful, he's also charitable. This figure sold for 400 bucks at an auction to benefit the Boys and Girls Club of Las Cruces.

1c6eNAb.jpg

Aizen shrunk himself and harden his body into a plastic-like substance so that he could impersonate a figure and get sold at a seemingly innocent charity event.
This way, no one is Soul Society will be able to track his whereabouts and he'll be able to observe and study the mundane life of humans in New Mexico.

All according to keikaku.

Aizen shrunk himself and harden his body into a plastic-like substance so that he could impersonate a figure and get sold at a seemingly innocent charity event.
This way, no one is Soul Society will be able to track his whereabouts and he'll be able to observe and study the mundane life of humans in New Mexico.

All according to keikaku.

I fear for the poor fool that took him home.

Look even if it was a throw away line or scene it was explained, it doesn't make it good, but it was technically explained.

the only thing it explained was that they'd be kicked out of the wilderness area to somewhere else, which leaves the unanswered question i've been asking which could be established in two lines:

Kirito: "what happens if I die?"
Leafa: "you'll respawn at your race's hometown, which is pretty far away from here."

LOLDSFAN

the only thing it explained was that they'd be kicked out of the wilderness area to somewhere else, which leaves the unanswered question i've been asking which could be established in two lines:

Leafa: "you'll respawn at your race's hometown, which is pretty far away from here."

They need instant transmission.

tumblr_miylsphZwk1s6d3x4o1_500.gif

I really don't want want to rewatch the episode where it was explained, but it was said that you'd get warped back to your home town if you die. I know most people probably missed it among all the "fuck this show" but it was stated. Did we really need a scene of Kirito going "if I die and get sent back to the spriggan territory I won't be able to save Asuna in time" to make you happy?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SAO clearly made a big deal about the death mechanics in this game. It's all on you if you've forgotten it. The smartest anime in years doesn't need to pander to its audience by reiterating the same thing over and over again.

I really don't want want to rewatch the episode where it was explained, but it was said that you'd get warped back to your home town if you die. I know most people probably missed it among all the "fuck this show" but it was stated. Did we really need a scene of Kirito going "if I die and get sent back to the spriggan territory I won't be able to save Asuna in time" to make you happy?

i really don't remember that being said. you sure they didn't change it for the dub or something?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's in the episode where Kirito notices the little soul flame after killing the red dudes. They spend a decent amount of time explaining it.

Levyne

Banned
My guess is that the auto-revive of SAO wouldv'e had him respawn at a hub far away or something. I dunno if they explain that. It was enough for me to justify her going in to use a phoenix down on him.

Wait so it would take several in real life days for them to get back to where they are now ? Even accounting for sleeping and eating that seems a bit much , but I guess drama and uh such.

Levyne

Banned
I don't think that would necessarily be mutually exclusive. You could still have dispersed waypoints and also 'mounts'. Or in this case, flight traversal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom