• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"is it true that you're going to air Black Lagoon?"

man, i'm never doing this again haha i'm getting kinda mad. when i just look back at these after they're over with i can just skip over these kinds of questions. if i'm following the Q&A as it's running, i'm anticipating the next question they answer and it ends up being something like this usually.

"is it true that you're going to air Black Lagoon?"

man, i'm never doing this again haha i'm getting kinda mad. when i just look back at these after they're over with i can just skip over these kinds of questions. if i'm following the Q&A as it's running, i'm anticipating the next question they answer and it ends up being something like this usually.

I don't think it helps to have more than one person answering these questions at the same time. It opens up the possibility of two people answering a similar question at the same time and they don't even realize it.

I don't think it helps to have more than one person answering these questions at the same time. It opens up the possibility of two people answering a similar question at the same time and they don't even realize it.

they even do it with full knowledge. one of their answers was "see previous response." i'm grateful that they're answering questions at all, but come on guys. you've got a post limit for crying out loud.

TheChits

Apparently they don't have the rights to Genndy Clone Wars anymore.

Say it isn't so ;_;
ibbD1RgVDXb8uL.gif

Seda

Huh they reiterated that Blue Exorcist is coming in March. So.....something's fishy.

also
Ever thought about airing subbed anime like attack on titan?

We will not air subbed anime. Ever. Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever

"When is SAOII coming?!?!}

kirito4 Asked: I have 4 questions#1 will you ever take over Friday night so anime fans can have 2 nights of anime a week #2 will you be bringing Eureka Seven AO to toonami to finish off the Eureka Seven series #3 will you be showing the Sword Art Online: Extra Edition after the end of the 25 episode #4 and if so will you be showing Sword art online season 2 aka gun gale online thank you very much p.s.would you please show the reply on toonami I would love to see the answer on the air

You're kirito4, aren't you Seda? AREN'T YOU!

Crocodile

Do they have like a general Toonami FAQ on their tumblr? Maybe someplace they can tell people to look before asking these sorts of questions during Q&As?

This response really makes me wonder if Toonami on April Fools was perhaps a referendum on anime on the network. I know they say there's always a place for it, but...

joesam1 Asked: About that earlier question (about non-action anime), I don't mean Toonami, I mean adult swim in general.
Ah. Well, Adult Swim’s done a bunch of that and those shows never pulled the ratings necessary to justify their cost, sadly.

This response really makes me wonder if Toonami on April Fools was perhaps a referendum on anime on the network. I know they say there's always a place for it, but...

Are they talking about the crappy AS live action stuff or old toonami shows like Duel Masters, Bobobo, etc

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
They really should have a big fat FAQ bolted onto the top of the question submission form that you have to scroll past to enter anything. As it is, they're only hurting themselves by answering every repeated question.

Crocodile

I really hope Toonami gets a Gundam series

Gundam Build Fighters is legit good but it definitely swings young so I dunno if the 18-49 demographic would eat it up (then again Shonen shows are the ratings drivers for this block so........)

I'd welcome Gundam Wing (nostalgia though maybe it still holds up) and G Gundam (cause I'm pretty sure it still holds up) back but they might be too old for New Toonami? Gundam 00 falls apart in the second season, I didn't like Seed and though I've never seen Seed Destiny or Gundam AGE, everyone says those shows are horse-aids so I'm not too keen to watch them. Is Turn A Gundam dubbed? Maybe some old school UC Gundam like 08th MS Team or Zeta Gundam (though that may also be too old).

Does anyone else know of any other Gundam shows that might have a chance? It's such a shame Bandai botched Gundam in America, it should be much bigger than it is here.

thoughtnami Asked: A couple of months ago, you guys hyped that Blue Exorcist was coming to the block in March. This week, you announced Black Lagoon was coming in March. Is Blue Exorcist still coming in March or was that a premature announcement?

Nope they are both coming in the next couple of weeks!

???????

had a thought: they said Black Lagoon is coming March 22. so i'm not sure what the heck they're planning to do with Blue Exorcist if they're dead set on March for that since if Black Lagoon is coming on the 22 that leaves no room for Soul Eater to miss an episode. i think they've just got their dates confused

the-downgrade Asked: This isn't a question but I think its a pretty good idea. Toonami should definitely make another short film for TOM. Give him another adventure like they did in the past. That would be awesome

Sure, we love that idea! Can you please write us a check….

Cooold-blooodeeeeed

had a thought: they said Black Lagoon is coming March 22. so i'm not sure what the heck they're planning to do with Blue Exorcist if they're dead set on March for that since if Black Lagoon is coming on the 22 that leaves no room for Soul Eater to miss an episode. i think they've just got their dates confused

Break up extra extend into 2-3 episodes and it works

RedBoot

This is because SAO ends on Feb. 16th, right?

Maybe they really are showing the SAO special the next week?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wonder why they even bother answering questions that've been talked about so many damn times. Just ignore them & then at the end, say something like "check the FAQ, as there might be a question there we've answered".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom