• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenumi

Banned
Back to comedy next week it looks like.

Time for me to lay back and relax until One Piece. Not that I'm not watching. I'm just not as invested in Bleach and Naruto.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Bleach and interesting do not belong in the same area code with each other, in fact, I am not sure they have ever met.

Seda

I didn't feel strongly either way for that episode. It was serviceable, with some neat tracks and animation.

Crocodile

The "misunderstanding" part was a bit eye-rolling in is clicheness but then Penguin Dandy came in with the save and it was awesome. I don't think the episode was mind blowing but I like the contrast it gives the series and it was well executed even if not particularly innovative.

Mik317

I have mixed feelings on this episode, on the one hand the writing and story was pretty well told... but I don't feel like it fit into Space Dandy at all, you can't just throw in a random serious episode into a slap stick comedy.

It can be done.

Gintama does an amazing job having legit epic arcs w/ serious stuff happening.

I think w/ Meow and QT being absent it worked out well here.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I liked it. Dandy needs to grow out of the "Goofball who fails at stuff and rarely does anything good" motif, and this episode provided a good push towards that. I liked seeing his normal ruse lead to a nice, heartwarming act.

Like Bass said, it was kind of weird throwing a 'serious' episode in out of nowhere. I wasn't really invested in the girl so I never got the whole 'feels' thing others did. The writing was safe and predictable but damn, that music was god tier. Superb art direction and voice acting as well.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Last week on Bleach, Liquid Snake is still broken. Nozomi starts her journey to become the greatest Mary Sue in filler.

Seda

I liked it. Dandy needs to grow out of the "Goofball who fails at stuff and rarely does anything good" motif, and this episode provided a good push towards that. I liked seeing his normal ruse lead to a nice, heartwarming act.

Yeah we definitely saw a different side to Dandy, he's not totally self absorbed.

Like Bass said, it was kind of weird throwing a 'serious' episode in out of nowhere. I wasn't really invested in the girl so I never got the whole 'feels' thing others did. The writing was safe and predictable but damn, that music was god tier. Superb art direction and voice acting as well.

Did it set out what it was trying to do? Yeah I'd say it did, but this can't be the only episode with her and can't be the only episode with a serious tone

Amikami

Banned

I think it would have been better to make it a two parter honestly, only because we really didn't get to know the girl that well.

Wait, what's happening in Bleach again.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oh hey, it's Patrick Seitz.

By the way, that's what Franky crying will likely sound like.

Rukia and Nozumi do look a likie
True. I'm sucker for nice jerks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom