• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb15| Giraffes are awesome, I love giraffes

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Interestingly I wouldnt know much about the manga, but I can tell from the way this new villain is introduced that he is a canon character, because of he way he is introduced isnt really generic

KLK coming on next on West Coast Toonami. Although, damn, can't wait for next week, I love that episode when Goku Arrives and beats the piss out of Nappa.

Next week will be even better. Now, time for some Tennis!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzTAbiVE3uE_12g

zlCfzTAbiVE3uE_12g
zlCfzTAdGqAl9U1r9k

zlCfzTAdl94TpHzQlT
zlCfzTAeAXMFrwYKtB

zlCfzTAeOF0nPrBToF
zlCfzTAehtsur77FjP

LATER.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 12 - Farewell, Piccolo! Goku's Furious Counterattack!
12:30 - KILL la KILL - 3 - Junketsu
1:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 55 - Wind
1:30 - Inuyasha: The Final Act - 11 - Kanna's Gravestone
2:00 - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - 23 - Let's Go, This is the Final Battle
2:30 - One Piece - 289 - Zoro Busts Out a New Technique! The Sword's Name is Sniperking?
3:00 - Deadman Wonderland - 8 - Scar Chain

Later.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
that episode felt really lame

I don't even know if it was just the toned down language, but it kind of felt like a different show.

Does anyone know if the dub on the DVD/BR goes back to dropping swears all the time or if it keeps it's for tv censored version?

I guess I could check it out tomorrow seeing as I own DMWL on BR/DVD <_<

that episode felt really lame

I don't even know if it was just the toned down language, but it kind of felt like a different show.

eh. i've seen it uncensored so it's not the toned-down language. the show just kind of throws in a bunch of new stuff and struggles to juggle it all for a bit

Does anyone know if the dub on the DVD/BR goes back to dropping swears all the time or if it keeps it's for tv censored version?

I guess I could check it out tomorrow seeing as I own DMWL on BR/DVD <_<

there's still plenty of cursing on the DVDs.

off, the top of my head, Minatsuki says "don't look at my tits!" instead of "don't look at my chest!" in this episode, and the delivery was way more hilarious (which Toonami probably could have aired so I'm kinda bummed Funimation censored it themselves)

Takashi

Even with the shortened block, most of the shows have been totally on point. Especially Gurren Lagann. So hyped for next week.

LATER

Man God

Non-Canon Member
there's still plenty of cursing on the DVDs.

off, the top of my head, Minatsuki says "don't look at my tits!" instead of "don't look at my chest!" in this episode, and the delivery was way more hilarious (which Toonami probably could have aired so I'm kinda bummed Funimation censored it themselves)

Series is uncensored on Netflix.

Other then Shippuden Toonami is pretty hype the whole night long, it's incredible how much buzz just leaves the thread when it airs. Say what you will about SAO but at least that was entertaining in a bad way and SAO s2 has enough of those moments to keep us invested. Heck even Bleach with it's same old shit fights at least was entertaining and generally gave us lots of people smacking each other with big swords. I think back on all the actual shows that I've seen with Toonami GAF and even shit that's boring like IGPX generally has some kind of pay off or moves the plot forward enough to keep you invested. The worst thing you can be is slow/boring and Shippuden seems to revel in that fact by replaying the same boring/flat scenes over and over again.

lol Paper Mako. Yeah, the dub's really decent, really love Senketsu's voice. Mako is pretty nice too. Here comes Undressing teacher after the break.

Is there no one else on GAF that watches the West Coast Toonami feed? =/

If you have access to cable you should be able to sign onto the Adult Swim stream on their website, there you can choose to watch east or west coast stream so that you can join us for the group watch (90% of us are East Coasters/use the East Coast stream).

Oh, I know this, and thank you, was just surprised there was no one else that watches the west coast Toonami since I couldn't watch the East coast one while it was on.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Glad ya guys liked the dump! I enjoyed drawing Satsuki, and wish I got to draw more Ino! ;)

SAB let's draw KLK eyecatches in the style of TTGL what you say

Sounds perfect! Totally getting to it once I rest some. Guess we should stay within spoiler of aired eps tho.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Gooood morning everyone.
Excellent work as usual SAB
*reads about lack of bleeps on Deadman Wonderland* Ah, I see you reached that point. Yeah, half-way through, Funi decided to make a TV dub that cuts down the language. The lack of bleeps isn't as fun.

Dragon Ball Z Kai:
Jingle Bells, Nappa Smells, Vegeta laid an egg... wait
"I HATE THE MEDIA!"
Nappa still wrecking shit.

Kill la Kill:
Mako's family is just as insane as her.
Now we know that Senketsu needs blood and can only function for a short time.
More awesome animation.

Shippuden:
From what I understand, the part with Sai trying to understand "Hu-MAN" behavior was in the manga, it was the weird chanting floating people at the end where the filler starts.

Inuyasha: The Final Act:
First part was just a lot of "Inuyasha needs to get over Kikyo". But the episode kind of picked up when Kana and her mirror demon appeared. I like the mirror demon.

Gurren Lagann;
COMBINING WITH THE ARK!
THE MOON IS A MECH!
OH GOD THERE'S STILL MORE!

One Piece:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEei99o6eJo
SUUUUUPEEEEER!
You know, the self-aware nature of One Piece's comedy is likely the reason why an Abridged Series has never worked. Characters are constantly pointing out the absurdity of various situations that an Abridged Series seems redundant.

Tenumi

Banned
Sorry I've missed the past few weeks. It's been a bit of a trying time with a lot of things here lately. Nevertheless, I'm gonna try my best to show up next Saturday. Thank goodness for DVR or I'd be have missed several episodes altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom