• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb15| Giraffes are awesome, I love giraffes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grexeno

Some people can't admit that people like Simon will never accomplish jack shit in any universe not written explicitly to allow them to do so.

Line_HTX

Say what you want, Rossiu needed the redemption. He's a better character now. Stop with the overwhelming hate on a dynamic character. He didn't do the worst things that are unforgivable.

Mik317

Yeah Rossiu is a little shit but that is ok. Nice character arc outside of the whole weird sentencing Simon to death part...

Say what you want, Rossiu needed the redemption. He's a better character now. Stop with the overwhelming hate on a dynamic character. He didn't do the worst things that are unforgivable.
Yeah I agree with this but saying hes the best character isnt really right either.

ckohler

I'll admit while I got annoyed with Rossiu in the second part of the story, his arc does make sense based upon where he came from and how he handled various situations.

I'm glad you understand. Rossiu was a dick but only because that's how he was taught to be a leader. He was wrong. He wanted to save lives at the sake of friendships. That doesn't make him evil. It doesn't really make him a dick. It makes him wrong.

Well ToonamiGAF, I'm officially ToonamiGAF as well. Gotta continue riding the Gurren Lagann hype train all over again! Also KLK re-watch!

Welcome! We're here every weekend!

Soulflarz

Banned
Rossiu isnt really a bad character as a character. The argument is moreso over whether or not you like him post redemption or if his behavior pissed you off too much in the past.

CRAZY CRAZY ROLLING STAR

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder how badly future OPs are going to be butchered to accommodate Funi's shitty One Piece logo. The openings use more and more effects on the logo text as the series goes on.

I feel like the show should've made Rossiu's "takeover" focus more on his inner struggle and make his actions a little more ambiguous.

I said it earlier, but it seems like they had an opportunity to make him much more easily sympathetic yet chose not to because they wanted him to seem more villainous. So I kind of understand the hatred for him on that level because I don't believe the show did a great job with his character. I appreciate where it tried to go more than where it actually went.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom