• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb15| Giraffes are awesome, I love giraffes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have nooooo idea how that's supposed to work as a "fight". The fact that Nami has lived this long in any form of combat is, honestly, nothing short of a miracle at this point. It's adorable how she throws herself into danger and assumes she'll be fine.

Well, if you want to know,
Kalifa holds back for no reason at all, just using her Devil Fruit power to mess around. She doesn't fight seriously until the very end, after Nami has set things up to be able to win.

Grexeno

JMjQKwU.gif
JoJo on Toonami when?

It helps that she's a million times smarter than everyone she has to fight.
But they don't play her character that way in day-to-day matters. She's a ditz in a pencil skirt until she busts the staff out, and then hopefully the brains kick in? Well, they DO, but generally on the tail end of things.

I understand that they have to play her like that so she's such a contrast to Robin, though, but she deserves better overall.
Her assistant is cuter
This is often missed by the typical viewer.
Ganta getting pissy seems forced and out of character.
I hate that he flops over to a third persona in the last few episodes. Only really gets settled in the manga.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
But they don't play her character that way in day-to-day matters. She's a ditz in a pencil skirt until she busts the staff out, and then hopefully the brains kick in? Well, they DO, but generally on the tail end of things.

I understand that they have to play her like that so she's such a contrast to Robin, though, but she deserves better overall.

Really? I don't really see her ditz-y outside of when someone busts out the big bucks. Zorro and Luffy sure, but Nami's always been the brains of that outfit. She's the whole reason they've lasted this long. I feel like we're not watching the same show.

Really? I don't really see her ditz-y outside of when someone busts out the big bucks. Zorro and Luffy sure, but Nami's always been the brains of that outfit. She's the whole reason they've lasted this long. I feel like we're not watching the same show.
It's extremely possible you've watched far longer than I and I have no reason to doubt your opinion. She hasn't really been a focus of much since Toonami started running episodes. From what I've seen she's been goofy sidekick to Chopper and comedic lust object.

Does step up! But I'll stick to my original point that she's really not suited for combat. There's no shame in that, but she's thrown herself in a ridiculous situation.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's extremely possible you've watched far longer than I and I have no reason to doubt your opinion. She hasn't really been a focus of much since Toonami started running episodes. From what I've seen she's been goofy sidekick to Chopper and comedic lust object.

Does step up! But I'll stick to my original point that she's really not suited for combat. There's no shame in that, but she's thrown herself in a ridiculous situation.

You've only seen what's aired on Toonami? Man, you have to go back and watch more. You're missing out on so much shit and doing yourself a real disservice, it's a series that's constantly building on the previous arcs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom