• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb15| Giraffes are awesome, I love giraffes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 12 - Farewell, Piccolo! Goku's Furious Counterattack!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 13 - The Power of the Kaio-Ken! Goku vs. Vegeta!
12:30 - KILL la KILL - 4 - Dawn of a Miserable Morning
1:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 56 - Writhe
1:30 - Inuyasha: The Final Act - 12 - Sango's Feelings, Miroku's Resolve
2:00 - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - 24 - I Will Never Forget This Minute, This Second
2:30 - One Piece - 290 - Uncontrollable! Chopper's Forbidden Rumble!
3:00 - Deadman Wonderland - 9 - Worm Eater

Later.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzTCRZ7YqOALTX2

zlCfzTCRZ7YqOALTX2

zlCfzTCUusozyRxBeU

LATER.

Well, another full night that I've watched. Much easier for me like this.

Later guise. BTW, is Pre-Toonami still a thing? It's been an idea for me, if the other one still isn't going on.

Line_HTX

Thank God for the DVR function. I'll watch the KLK that I missed.

Run all night, another deep voice movie starring AngryNeeson52.

Line_HTX

Alright I finished watching what was saved on my DVR. Here we go:

THE DRESS MEANS PURITY.
The TV captions have the Romaji lyrics lol. Every anime should have those included in the closed captions.
It's 10% in porportion to the number of stars for the life fibers... Hmm...
Damn, clothing technology sabotage.
Five-star experiment. SECURITY!!
Holy shit, Satsuki is ruthless.
GET OUT, YOU PEASANT!
One with the Covenant. Sounds like Halo 3 or 4 or whatever the new one is. ASK NOT THE SPARROW HOW THE EAGLE SOARS! MY WILL IS ABSOLUTE!!

Mother asking if Ryuko's an exhibitionist. Goddamnit, Mako, don't do that.
Extravagant Red Carpet stairs.
Fiery, dominant whipping, and jiggling transformation sequence from the power ruler with an Iron Fist.
Their stares are so intense they made a concussive blast from sheer WILLPOWER!
Truly wear him? The fuck is this shit explantion?
I WON'T BE ASHAMED!!!
Mako bragging with exaggerated motions. That gif is lol.
The other side of the fiery clothing. Damn, even the insert song has lyrics in the closed captions.
This logic is so damn lame... -_-
Mika Kobayashi's
CHEESIEST
song. Just sounds out of place.
Guilty Gear CLASH explosion.
Have to mow through the gang to get to the final boss. The guy in front looks like the generic thug from Fist of the North Star.

Pretty OK episode, though I'm disappointed there was no interaction with Gamagori. Dumb stuff aside, at least Mako was entertaining, and I think I'm starting to like Satsuki. Will continue to watch.

Jintor

Gonna do another TTGL/KLK style eyecatch. Sad I missed it but I ate all-you-can-eat meat for like $17 so I'm happy

sadly we enter KLK heck for a little bit until the story starts to ramp up a little bit

Giolon

People were down on Satsuki's voice. Not knowing how she sounds in Japanese, I thought the delivery there was great.

I was reading through the KLK Ep 3 reactions and I wanted to comment on this point.

I was feeling so-so about Satsuko's dub voice bc it was just missing the same commanding presence that her Japanese VA had. When Satsuki's Japanese voice is shouting, it makes me pay attention and go, "Whoa! This chick is serious! Yes, ma'am! Anything for you!" When Satsuki's English voice is shouting it makes me go "geez, it sounds like some little girl is yelling at me. This is obnoxious."

And then we got to her scenes in Episode 3. I thought the English VA for Satsuki sold the hell out of those scenes with her performance, and I hopped on board the English VA trains for Satsuki. I still like the Japanese performance better, but English Satsuki has her merits.

Overall, the dub is very strong. Just a few voices, like Senketsu and Mikisuki don't hold up for me. I can't wait until you all get to Takarada in like 10 more weeks here.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning everyone. I'm surprised I made it through again, I was starting to doze off during Inuyasha
Great work SAB, love the Naruto derp-face one.

Dragon Ball Z Kai:
For the record, it was always "Over 8000". In the manga, and the Japanese version. It was the Ocean/Saban dub that changed it to 9000 for some reason. I can see the members of DBZ Kanzenshuu (as well as TeamFourStar's KaiserNeko) laughing his ass off at all the people rating on Twitter last night.
As for the rest of the episode, don't do steroids kids.

Kill la Kill:
We get some exposition on what Ryuko's outfit is. With the reveal that there's another out there like it, only even more revealing somehow.
And apparently the key to strength isn't nudity, but complete lack of shame. This is a weird series.
Though this does explain that Mako GIF I kept seeing.

Naruto Shippuden:
TRAINING!
You know what's sad though, this episode wasn't a slog. It actually felt decently paced. Probably because the entire episode was exposition and not just characters standing around doing nothing as viewers hope for SOMETHING to happen. Shit, people were right when they said the training is the only decent part of Naruto's second "half".
Also, CONSTIPATION JUTSU!

Inuyasha: The Final Act:
This really felt like Takahashi forgot Kanna exists and realized she needed to do storyline where she's "defeated". At least it seems to lead to something about a light in the Shikon Jewel
Also, Kiefer Sutherland and Christian Bale have ruined utlra-gruff voices forever. Sorry Demon Inuyasha.

Gurren Lagann:
The final battle approaches!
You guys were way too cruel to Rossiu last night. He made mistakes and he was unsure how to atone. Thankfully, Simon knocked some sense into him. Now that's how you do a callback!

One Piece:
The battle between Franky & Fukuro has concluded. With some pretty good animation.
We also get a sneak peek at Zoro's new sword. Sogeking-style!

Raxus

I am actually sort of amazed they kept the full transformation sequences in Kill la Kill. The only other big censors are coming way later.

Moaradin

Yeah, those full transformation scenes are about as risque as it gets until towards the end of the series. I'm really curious to see how they handle THAT scene

BizzyBum

I can't believe Kill la Kill is on Toonami already! I haven't caught the dub yet, how's it stack up to the sub? I remember a lot of people disliking some of the choices when they announced them.

I'll have to watch the first 3 online and join this thread next Saturday. I know it's only three episodes in but how is everyone liking it? For those on the fence, stick with it, it gets absolutly crazy later on (in a good way).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Seems the major opinion of dub is "pretty good, save for Senketsu & Satsuki's VAs not being as deep compared to JPN, but still deliver their lines well." Mako, while not AS fast talking, still has the energy & does her best at being hyperactive. So far, I'd say I prefer the dub over sub.

Also damn it I just realized I could've made a "I Have No Mouth, But I Must Scream" joke last night during Deadman Wonderland NOW WHEN WILL I BE ABLE TO REFERENCE THAT AGAIN.

Rutger

Banned
KLK can be a pretty silly show.

Gurren Lagann:
The final battle approaches!
You guys were way too cruel to Rossiu last night. He made mistakes and he was unsure how to atone. Thankfully, Simon knocked some sense into him. Now that's how you do a callback!

Damn, you're not kidding. Rossiu makes a ton of mistakes, but the hate was kind of ridiculous.
But whatever. We have a new font on the title cards, which means the tribute to real robot anime is over, and it's time for the writers to just have some fun with everything they built up. Everyone should enjoy what we're about to see.

One Piece was a ton of fun last night. It's more Looney Tunes approach to combat really sets it apart from the average shonen action series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom