• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb15| Giraffes are awesome, I love giraffes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
To get this thread to where it needs to go.

Been house sitting and watching HunterxHunter.

The opening isn't good. The first ending is trash.

The show is SHONEN as fuck. Like, I can't make a show more shonen. It's a total sausagefest early on, the protagonist is super young, goku haircut, wild child prodigy who wears shorts. The names of the main characters suck and the character design is fairly tame.

This version is so much better than the last one. It's really good. I love the use of color and the soundtrack reminds me of Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles.

Tenumi

Banned
The explanation iirc is

in Gungale Online you're normally required to play as a character that looks like your gender. Kirito randomly gets selected to have a female avatar its like a 1:10000 chance or something like that.

Better than the explanation I original heard. Got pissed off so much at that one.

If there's any positives about SAO2, it's that overall, it is better than the first season, and the last arc of the season is actually pretty good.

daveo42

Banned
The explanation iirc is

in Gungale Online you're normally required to play as a character that looks like your gender. Kirito randomly gets selected to have a female avatar its like a 1:10000 chance or something like that.

It would have been smarter to have the system screw up and think he is actually female than some random selection bit, since that continues to affirm he's some sort of god or super special in this world.
It just heaps more on top of the already overblown male power fantasy trope.

To get this thread to where it needs to go.

Been house sitting and watching HunterxHunter.

The show is SHONEN as fuck. Like, I can't make a show more shonen. It's a total sausagefest early on, the protagonist is super young, goku haircut, wild child prodigy who wears shorts. The names of the main characters suck and the character design is fairly tame.

This version is so much better than the last one. It's really good. I love the use of color and the soundtrack reminds me of Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles.

a7P2vFQ.gif

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I will forever be miffed that we will not get awesome shows like Steins;Gate and F/Z on Toonami and instead we get SAO2. T_T

Tonight on Rick and Morty is Rick Potion #9 and next week is Raising Gazorpazorp. Both are okay episodes but nothing too special.

The week after that is Rixty Minutes, which was outright one of the best episodes of television last year.

Crocodile

Tonight on Rick and Morty is Rick Potion #9 and next week is Raising Gazorpazorp. Both are okay episodes but nothing too special.

The week after that is Rixty Minutes, which was outright one of the best episodes of television last year.

I HATED that episode. Will make sure not to watch it tonight :/

Rutger

Banned
I haven't really been paying too much attention to Toonami lately, what's going...

oh...

Well, I guess I should look on the bright side. Toonami is getting something I haven't seen, and at least the stupid of this series should be more entertaining than dull old Inuyasha.

Oh, and we were shown the best devil fruit a couple weeks ago? We even got the best thread title out of it!

Better than the explanation I original heard. Got pissed off so much at that one.

If there's any positives about SAO2, it's that overall, it is better than the first season, and the last arc of the season is actually pretty good.

Nah. Everything except the last arc is below most of season 1 in terms of actual enjoyment.

Jintor

The real upside of SAO2 is the sweet sweet viewer eyeballs

i may think everyone who enjoys that series is [REDACTED] but you can't fault people for fleecing the shit out of em

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Aniplex show to be replaced by Aniplex show confirmed.

I still think we'll get a repeat of a Funimation show to replace DMWL.

Aniplex show to be replaced by Aniplex show confirmed.

I still think we'll get a repeat of a Funimation show to replace DMWL.

If they're going to air something they've done once before but not in awhile Casshern Sins seems like the most obvious choice, unless they can get a cheap Funi back log show.

bigkrev

Yayyy SAO2. Maybe it will be better?

You will come to understand that Departure is love, Departure is Life by the end of the series.

And SMDH hating on the first ED. ITS SO DUMB/GREAT! More shounen shows should use Screamo for their endings!

Kingsman: The Secret Service is an excellent action movie. Y'all should go see it.

Saw it last night. Movie ruled.
Can't believe that 2 movies that end in Anal came out the same weekend!
. The Church scene might be my favorite action scene ever, topping the jailyard fight from Raid 2.

Squishy3

I will forever be miffed that we will not get awesome shows like Steins;Gate and F/Z on Toonami and instead we get SAO2. T_T
I'm still holding out hope someone will license Jojo's and it airs on Toonami. That test dub has to have been for something. :(

santeesioux

Jojo would be worth it just for the Yes song at the end. Also, i need to hear proper, British Jojo.

But what i really want to see is a dubbed Monogatari series on Toonami, that would be hilarious.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Jojo would be worth it just for the Yes song at the end. Also, i need to hear proper, British Jojo.

But what i really want to see is a dubbed Monogatari series on Toonami, that would be hilarious.

There's like a 0.01% chance that Jojo would be allowed to keep any of its endings.

Squishy3

There's like a 0.01% chance that Jojo would be allowed to keep any of its endings.

Which would be the worst. JoJo has the greatest endings of all time.

Stardust Crusaders kept Walk Like An Egyptian in it's English test dub.
I think this might be why a licensing agreement has been taking so long to reach. Whoever is doing it is probably trying their hardest to reach a licensing agreement with the rights holders to make sure the EDs make it into the episodes. Although, if Walk Like An Egyptian doesn't make it in, that wouldn't be nearly as big a loss as losing Roundabout would be, since the beginning of Roundabout is used in ending scenes of some episodes and then it naturally flows into the credits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom