• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb15| Giraffes are awesome, I love giraffes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sword Art Online season 2 to premiere on Toonami on April 4th.

http://www.animeboston.com/news/article/503
ibil7aNzd24qzB.gi

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wait a minute, doesn't both Gurren Lagann & Deadman Wonderland end in March? I wouldn't be surprised if SAO2 was one of the replacements & there's a bit of a shuffling around.

Good. Cross Ange is starting to get decent and I need something to fill me with hate and Bile.

I'm surprised Toonami managed to get the debut dub of such a high profile property. I guess the Space Dandy experiment paid off.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oh shit, if it's scheduled before Shippuden, and if what I hear about the first half is true... *starts stocking up on coffee*

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Good. Cross Ange is starting to get decent and I need something to fill me with hate and vile.

I'm surprised Toonami managed to get the debut dub of such a high profile property. I guess the Space Dandy experiment paid off.

They got the first one as a dub premiere as well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Here we go, some of the end dates:

Gurren Lagann: March 21st, 2015
Deadman Wonderland: March 21st, 2015

Yeah, so it sounds like March 28th will be the premiere date, not April 4th.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Do you guys think Toonami will ever get Jojo's Bizzare Adventure or Tokyo Ghoul?
If someone would freakin' license the Jojo anime/dub, I sure hope so.

Tokyo Ghoul, maybe? Funimation has it, and I think it'd fit the "darker" show theme that Toonami tries to get every so often for later in the night.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Now all we need is the new sailor moon that I have yet to watch in hopes of being picked up by toonami and toonami would have offically go above and beyond for us.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Do you guys think Toonami will ever get Jojo's Bizzare Adventure or Tokyo Ghoul?

Tokyo Ghoul is likely. Funimation has the rights and they have a great relationship with Toonami. I imagine they want to wait for the Blu-Ray releases so half the screen isn't black blotches.

Jojo is... hard to say. The first three episodes were dubbed but nothing has come of that. It was announced that Viz is handling all Jojo related things in the States now but... who knows.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So this begs the question. What'll the new schedule look like?

Midnight: DBZ Kai
12:30: Kill la Kill
1:00: SAO2

..........then what? & remember that DMWL ends the same night, so the 3 AM slot is open again.

..........then what? & remember that DMWL ends the same night, so the 3 AM slot is open again.

Maybe see InuYasha Final Act switch with Shippuden, gonna guess something like

12- DBZ Kai
12:30- KLK
1- SAO s2
1:30- InuYasha Final Act
2- Naruto Shippuden
2:30- One Piece
3- Funimation back log show/Bebop HD/maybe Casshern Sins

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Can we get Outlaw Star?

I'm not super confident anything new is going to replace Deadman if SAO is being bumped all the way up to 1am.

I mean, either they move One Piece back another time slot or something's getting bumped back like an hour.

Tokyo Ghoul is likely. Funimation has the rights and they have a great relationship with Toonami. I imagine they want to wait for the Blu-Ray releases so half the screen isn't black blotches.

Jojo is... hard to say. The first three episodes were dubbed but nothing has come of that. It was announced that Viz is handling all Jojo related things in the States now but... who knows.
I hope jojo comes soon. Just do the first season then Stardust Crusaders later. But I'll be happy if Tokyo Ghoul comes to Toonami.
is SAO2 any good?

Hahahahahaha

Hahahahahaha

Hahahahahaha

No.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is it just me, or does it feel like they're really trying to pull the big guns out this year? We already got Kill la Kill, & now SAO2. Regardless of quality, those are some big names in anime & it makes me hopeful they'll help Toonami's viewership, especially if they schedule the order just right.

Maybe see InuYasha Final Act switch with Shippuden, gonna guess something like

12- DBZ Kai
12:30- KLK
1- SAO s2
1:30- InuYasha Final Act
2- Naruto Shippuden
2:30- One Piece
3- Funimation back log show/Bebop HD/maybe Casshern Sins
This sounds about right, even if I wish One Piece was a bit earlier. 3 AM might still be the rerun show.

Can we get Outlaw Star?
I sure wouldn't mind that coming back, considering DeMarco said he thinks the show would still get some decent numbers, but would prefer using the money for premieres.

So does whatsherface get tentacle raped again?

You're talking about the loli girl Silica?

If you really want to know

Not only does she get attacked by a tentacle lick monster again, they actually make it a throw back joke... yeah...

If you're talking about Asuna?

Surprisingly no she doesn't, nobody attempts to rape her at any point in s2

Crocodile

Joy oh Joy what Joyous news. Here is my JOYFUL face:

sleepy.gif

On a side note if we are asking for classic shows back, I vote for YYH. Outlaw Star would be good too though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom