• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those curious about how they're gonna handle Esdeath next episode...

Akame kills her.

With a shadow clone.

She tricks her with a shadow clone.

Yes, it's that stupid.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well, considering Akame's sister died in "Kill the Sister", and the emperor was defeated in "Kill the Emperor"...............I'm guessing in "Akame ga kill", the final episode of "Akame ga Kill", Akame will get killed.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Well, considering Akame's sister died in "Kill the Sister", and the emperor was defeated in "Kill the Emperor"...............I'm guessing in "Akame ga kill", the final episode of "Akame ga Kill", Akame will get killed.
But it's Akame Ga Kill, not Kill the Akame. I bet she kills bunch of people instead.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
WVW69i5JU74Hr2c7nI

O well, at least I got Leone as Cosplay Mika VS Run as Bengus Story mode Vega in there! XD

I'd like to revisit taking a better stab at making mock stick art
LATER

Line_HTX

Whatever, Wave. Cry me a river.

Akame chowing on giant pieces of meat.

Three misfits. Night Raid's LAST ASSIGNMENT.

Kill the Emperor.

Pave the way for a new world.

Get out or get ready to die.

Oh, it's Run.

I was once a teacher. Cool story, Run.

Your ass was doomed for fighting for the empire.

TRUMP CARD, Divine Wings.

Tatsumi and Akame crashed the throne room.

A barrier!

Submit! God, these two are LOL.

That is one Titan Imperial Arms. That Emperor's face.

Titan with a laser. Primus Imperator.

Super edgy ass spoiled ass emperor.

WVW69i5JU74Hr2c7nI

O well, at least I got Leone as Cosplay Mika VS Run as Bengus Story mode Vega in there! XD

LATER

Great sketch. lolz at Miki taking a page from Parasyte Lady. Also poor JYB.

EDIT: Nice on the cosplay Mika on Leone. Just what we need for SFV. I was thinking of something Fire Emblem related since it aired multiple times on Toonami. Still, I gots love for the Streets.

BBboy20

So, was this Run dude suppose to have some nefarious plot of his own?

Man, all this SF talk but I know I gotta' save up for next month.

Mizerman

Meh. His true aim was to reform the Empire from within. Well, right after he got revenge for the murdered students.

Line_HTX

Kill the Minister please.

Derpy emperor face.

Wave with the save.

We can postpone our scrap, okay?

There's always a weak spot somewhere.

This stupid child is making me laugh.

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT SCREAM, ROFL

Bulat, goddamn...

Scream with all the fire and your soul!

Golden Incursio.

Pencil drawing explosion. He's bleeding everywhere.

I broke my promise.

Nooo, Esdeath... :(

Line_HTX

WVW69i5JU74Hr2c7nI

LATER

YES! I love me some stick arts. Excellent timing for a new page in tournament hype. I'm wondering though, why'd you choose the middle 4 buttons?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Great sketch. lolz at Miki taking a page from Parasyte Lady. Also poor JYB.

EDIT: Nice on the cosplay Mika on Leone. Just what we need for SFV. I was thinking of something Fire Emblem related since it aired multiple times on Toonami. Still, I gots love for the Streets.

I've seen Champloo before, but it's been a while. But as soon as Shinsuke appeared on screen, I started imagining anything he'd say in JYB voice, before I even remembered what episode it was, haha.

Fire Emblem would have been great, yup. So much I wanted to add into this one, but as the night got late, It's like "Yeah... that's not happening!" Wave and Deadsumi were going to be Ryu and Ken, given their armor situation, at one point... And the massive imperial arms was going to be Optimalus Primus or such too...

By the time you save up, the game will still have fresh new content coming too it too, so that's kinda cool. Just don't end up like I did with P4A Ultimax; I kinda just... never got it... nice that it popped up on PS+ this month, but being on PS3 + getting Nitroplus Heroines has totally overshadowed it..

YES! I love me some stick arts. Excellent timing for a new page in tournament hype. I'm wondering though, why'd you choose the middle 4 buttons?

I really should make some art for my stick one day. I got the thing Dual mod'd, this should be cheaper!

The Center 4 Buttons? This time, the answer is boring: I didn't know if I'd be able to fit more important shows into the outer buttons in time, so I tried to fit what came into mind in a spot that looked like it had SOME kind of design consistency to it, lol.

I actually tried those 4 for KoF games before though. I normally play BB with the top 3 Plus the lowest left for Drive. I play older SNK with the 4 tops straight across sometimes... memories of the old NeoGeo cabinets, it'd been years since I did that... back when I first got my T.E.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning everyone. I'm impressed I made it through the night with minimal tiredness.

Dragon Ball Z Kai:
Exposition dump! Just Trunks telling us everything about the future and what's coming up.

Akame ga Kill:
Talk about completely losing track. Giant laser shooting robot out of fucking nowhere! I just can't even.
The Emperor's voice acting suddenly went to shit when he started yelling and screaming. When he was soft spoken he was just okay, but now it's laughably bad. Like Hitsugaya bad.
I don't see how the finale will top this bullshit.
Also Tatsumi's dead. Neat.

Parayste:
Definitely one of the better episodes. The fight with Miki felt like something out of Jojo with all the running commentary.
Poor detective...

Samurai Champloo:
Man, talk about a downer. I guess every Watanabe show needs to have a couple of these episodes.
I should compile a list of every show JYB appears on that aired on Toonami.

Naruto Shippuden:
Three-Tails out of nowhere! Also more screaming than an OG DBZ episode. At least it was better delivered than the Emperor's screaming in AgK.

One Piece:
Finally, the Straw Hats act competent. Took them long enough... No wonder Japan hates this arc.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
you know, akame, we really are the ga kill

You joke, but the manga actually did something like that. It only makes sense in Japanese, but the fan translator left a long note saying "this is meant to be a title drop"

ckohler

Dragon Ball Z: Kai - Trunks does his best Marty McFly and drops some serious exposition bombs on Goku (and Piccolo). Then Trunks and Goku both strut their Super Saiyan hair, making Badman seriously jealous. An interesting but sadly action free episode. Just get on with the training and then bring on those androids! Rating: Great Scott!

Dimension W Promo - The animation looks really good while the story sounds kinda convoluted. So much so, Toonami did a narrated promo for a change. None the less I'm intrigued and excited for another dub premier on Toonami. Here's hoping this show is entertaining one way or another and brings in more viewers (and thread posters).

Akame ga Kill - The penultimate battle began with the main, mustache twirling villain whose name is.. and I'm not joking here... "Minister Honest"... manipulated the child emperor into using the series ultimate trump card weapon. In all fairness, the action was much better than previous episodes and the animation looked great. I especially liked seeing Leone kicking ass. But, in its tradition of aping off other anime because it lacks any sort of creativity, the episode ends with Tatsumi and Bulat doing their best Gurren Lagann impressions before Tatsumi defeats the 100ft tall robot by piercing the heavens. Then he died. Rating: Big O!

Parasyte - A fantastic episode. Not only was it filled with lots of action and grizzly looking gore, it was also very emotionally gripping. I really feel bad for the detective who at this point is clearly loosing his mind. Who wouldn't after the sight of their murdered family? That dude's life is ruined. Shinichi's Dad and oh-so-thirsty girlfriend are clearly next on the chopping block. Even the bad guy parasytes are turning on each other! Things are getting crazy and all these twists are making for an entertaining show. Rating: Getting on with it

Samurai Champloo - It started out pretty normal with Fuu getting robbed (again), this time by pick-pocketing JYB. Things were going as expected until it took a rather bleak turn with the introduction of JYB's dying mother. That ending was not only unexpected, it was heart-wrenching. The final exchange between Fuu and the mother... ouch. A sad and yet powerful episode. It was almost perfect if not for a few moments of weird looking animation. Rating: Opium

Naruto: Shippuden - After a brief appearance from some wacky looking canon villains, we return to a foggy (and froggy) lake where that kid has been yelling for over 30 minutes... enough to summon a Cthulhu turtle from Pacific Rim. Like AgK, this episode also had some a-typically good looking animation at times but, other than that, not much really happened. A mildly better episode from the past few weeks but that's not saying much. Rating: Externally Screaming

One Piece - As has been the case with this filler, it was littered with a few funny moments scattered about like when the Straw Hats' decided to trick Luffy so he doesn't ultimately ruin their plan. Yet, this week's episode was worse than previous ones because it focused too much on everyone's favorite model of pirate perfection: Captain Puzzle and his stupid looking forehead scar. After that we just got a bunch of lame fights. Thankfully, the final battle is upon us. Rating: Hockayyy!

KLL la KILL - Dat fast recap prologue. This was the infamous episode that had the "aliens" exposition dump and the ultra creepy (and too hot for TV) rapey bath scene with Ragyo. A lot of people flipped at the reveal of Life Fibers being from outer space, but eh, it didn't bother me for some reason. What did bother me was that this was the start of Ryuko's character-assasinating angst mini-arc. Rating: Skinny Dipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom