• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
jGZrGyb.jpg

https://soundcloud.com/couchpotatosaga/ep13

Hail, Caesar! - 36:52
Dragon Ball Z: The Return of Cooler - 45:32

"The Super Bowl is over, and you know what that means: taking more shots at Coldplay! We also discuss the trailers for Jason Bourne, Captain America: Civil War, and X-Men: Apocalypse before more talk about food and the upcoming Ghost in the Shell movie. After that, we review Hail, Caesar! and Dragon Ball Z: The Return of Cooler. We also talk about Bionicle for some reason."

Return of Cooler is somehow a movie with Toei pacing. Every scene feels stretched ever so slightly, and it's really hard to get past. Worse, the animation is bad and the fights are pretty poorly choreographed. I like the idea of the big bionic star thing, but they don't do much with it until the anti-climactic ending. Shame, because I always thought this movie looked awesome as hell when I saw the ads for it as a kid. Even Cooler looks kinda lame, with the way they portray his glossiness by drawing some ugly lines all over him.

Rankings -
Piccolo out of Piccolo:
1. The World's Strongest

Vegeta out of Piccolo:
2. The Dead Zone

Gohan out of Piccolo:
3. Lord Slug
4. Cooler's Revenge

Krillin out of Piccolo:
5. Tree of Might
6. The Return of Cooler

Yamcha out of Piccolo:
(none yet)

EDIT: sometimes I forget to post the link and feel dumb

One of my big problems with the Parasyte anime is that it doesn't really capture the horror of the manga well.

Like look at this.
parasyte_1169174.jpg

In the anime, the upper image is just a panning shot that doesn't allow the viewer to take in how unnatural his body looks. How he's looking down on Shinichi, and how he's changed to hunt him.

Regiruler

One of my big problems with the Parasyte anime is that it doesn't really capture the horror of the manga well.

Like look at this.
parasyte_1169174.jpg

In the anime, the upper image is just a panning shot that doesn't allow the viewer to take in how unnatural his body looks. How he's looking down on Shinichi, and how he's changed to hunt him.

It doesn't bother me that much, since the anime still conveys the increased threat very well. He goes from a klutz that can't control his own legs to an absolute nightmare in speed.

Best Buy had an anime section for a while. Hell, even Fry's had one.

My Best Buy actually carries a good amount of anime in an "anime section". DBZ, Sailor Moon, the Berserk movies, etc.
What surprised me is they were carrying the Naruto spinoff manga and also Ass Classroom Volume 1.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Best Buy came up in the anime era and has always had a decent selection of it, usually at better prices then the old dedicated movie/record stores. Manga though, yeah, that's a bit weird.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so despite my better judgment, I decided that since i was so "close" to the end of DBZ, I'd keep on going

fighting as candy

Toriyama has lost his damn mind

Jarate

Banned
so despite my better judgment, I decided that since i was so "close" to the end of DBZ, I'd keep on going

fighting as candy

Toriyama has lost his damn mind

I still dont know how buu couldve ever possibly turned Vegito into candy

Vegito is far and away the most powerful DB character to exist at this time, and it's not even like it's a small gulf. He's fucking Cell and everyone else is Raditz

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I still dont know how buu couldve ever possibly turned Vegito into candy

Vegito is far and away the most powerful DB character to exist at this time, and it's not even like it's a small gulf. He's fucking Cell and everyone else is Raditz

Even in GT the Goku/Vegeta fusion is the strongest dude

I wasn't actually a member of neogaf back then, but I remember the night when the Lover are Trendy, Baby episode aired.

Gkr542V.gif

This gif got a lot of work that night.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
And like, Vegito wasnt even at his peak strength, he couldve easily gone at least SSJ2 and most likely SSJ3

The thing that gets me is, that fight never should have lasted past Gohan getting there. That should have been the end to it. I was so pissed when all that build up meant nothing.

BBboy20

By the time you save up, the game will still have fresh new content coming too it too, so that's kinda cool. Just don't end up like I did with P4A Ultimax; I kinda just... never got it... nice that it popped up on PS+ this month, but being on PS3 + getting Nitroplus Heroines has totally overshadowed it..
I own Nitroplus.

Crocodile

I wasn't actually a member of neogaf back then, but I remember the night when the Lover are Trendy, Baby episode aired.

Gkr542V.gif

This gif got a lot of work that night.

I'm like 95% sure I used that exact gif on that exact night. I think Dandy was the first anime to actually make me salty about the outcome of a romance.

Bio-Broly has maybe one or two good parts.

One of them is that you get to see Android 18 fight some more.

I'm drawing a blank on the other one I thought up...

Line_HTX

Bio-Broly has maybe one or two parts.

One of them is that you get to see Android 18 fight some more.

I'm drawing a blank on the other one I thought up...

I don't think there were two parts. Bio Brody was just the third movie and that's it.

Funny enough, that was the first time I saw 18 before I saw the Android saga, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom