• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
KWoFPyV.gif

Though, to be fair, Phantom World does give the female characters some agency and cool powers.

Shame its storytelling is so shite.

Is there an actual reason (IE. Not fanservice) for why she doesn't have a bra on while Limboing.

not to further derail this

you can see when her bra clips.

Something about having various powers of the elements by touching a specific part of her body, like either using fire or metal, what have ya...

There's a chart somewhere.

Didn't see that Line. Apologies.

In all honestly, this sounds like if it was done by a good writer, it could be an interesting concept, plus situations where "oh, can't use my hands, have to figure out some other way to activate my powers" or "last power I had was *element*, I can only use this for the time being instead of something more effective"

Of course, a writer could also abuse this considering they could easily go the "huk huk, she's gotta touch her butt to activate an element" route.

It could be an interesting concept Zonic, but it likely isn't all the interesting in the case this show.

not to further derail this

you can see when her bra clips.

If that's the case then that is one lousy bra she's wearing.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Goku reveals how he escaped Namek before everybody splits up to spend the next 3 years training, Esdeath makes her last stand with the Empire in shambles and Tatsumi hilariously dead, Kuramori intends to avenge his family at Reiko's expense, a beatboxing samurai has his sights set on Jin while Jin is forced to part with his sight, we hit the century mark on Shippuden as everyone has to deal with the Three-Tails' genjutsu, Luffy finally goes one on one with Don Accino while the rest of the crew tries to recover the flag, and finally Honnouji Academy prepares for Ragyo's arrival as Satsuki puts her ultimate plans in motion at long last.

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 57 - Welcome Back, Goku! Confessions of the Mysterious Youth, Trunks!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 58 - Goku's New Move, Instant Transmission! The Three-Year Training Session Begins!
12:30 - Akame ga Kill! - 24 - Akame ga Kill! - END
1:00 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 17 - The Adventure of the Dying Detective
1:30 - Samurai Champloo - 8 - The Art of Altercation
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 100 - Inside the Mist
2:30 - One Piece - 334 - The Red Hot Decisive Battle! Luffy vs. The Scorching Don!
3:00 - KILL la KILL - 17 - Tell Me Why

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This is the episode of DBZ by the way that skips the fan favorite Goku and Piccolo getting their driver's license.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Waltz of Venus or something, I think. Yeah, lots of people were comparing it to that Cowboy Bebop episode.

Hey isn't the champloo plotline from last week a reused one from cowboy bebop? sware I saw an episode like that before...

Yeah, last week's episode of Champloo was basically Waltz For Venus redux. That's mainly why I consider it one of the weaker offerings; Watanabe had already done that story.

This week's is one of my personal favourites, though.

Ah, right. I think M&H had a vaguely similar plotline too but that ended differently. Wonder if Dandy has one like this, doubt it.

Also still awing at this happening:

catching up on what I missed last week now.

Sooo tatsumi went super saiyan and killed metal gear emperor?

seems legit?...

Seda

Definitely one of my favorites. Speak Like A Child is probably my personal number one. The ending with Faye watching the video of herself really resonates with me for some reason

100% agree.

Kinda amusing how the rest of the episode is kinda silly shenanigan stuff .. and then the fantastic ending scene. The acknowledgement of a forgotten past speaking to an unknown future is pretty powerful.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Yeesh, never read /v/ threads about FE Fates. It's all crying about localization and single lines that are silly. It's not super serious and edgy thus it sucks.

God, what were they thinking tying morality to your companions in Fallout 4?

Hey, Codsworth, quit bugging me when I ask for more shit. I need all equipment/money I can get my hands on. Asking for a 50 extra caps when a person is asking me to take on a small army of super mutants isn't a great moral transgression.

I'm pretty certain that my wife would be okay with me doing that.

Regiruler

So I came to a rather startling realization earlier today; the animated show I watch week in week out with the highest budget and best production is almost certainly...Pokémon X/Y.

I have no clue why they decided to dramatically up the budget of one of the longest running series two years ago, but they did. It puts Naruto and One Piece to shame. The latest episode I watched I would have believed you if you told me it was an OVA.

Probably because the total money involved in the Pokemon franchise towers over naruto and one piece combined.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Probably because the total money involved in the Pokemon franchise towers over naruto and one piece combined.

One Piece makes a TON of money.

It's just funny watching a kids show that two seasons ago had mostly boring, dull animation with one or two standout moments that suddenly in its Eighteenth season decided to up the animation and storytelling to a whole new level.

A kids show, designed to sell a game. Next year the protagonist will have been ten years old for twenty years!

This is kinda like what if the Simpsons turned around this year and went back to its third-eighth season form and had the budget of the movie for its animation.

Grexeno

Pokemon isn't constantly worrying about catching up to the manga/trying to wring every last drop of cash out of a money train that's already in the station.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pokemon isn't constantly worrying about catching up to the manga/trying to wring every last drop of cash out of a money train that's already in the station.

While its true they have a decent amount of autonomy its not fair to say they aren't on a schedule of their own, dictated by how the game releases are going and what they need to promote.

It's definitely not the same thing as having to follow the story of the manga and waste time when the need arrives but its not exactly something they completely control either. There's still around 48 episodes a year of Pokémon made in Japan, some of which are specials that don't regularly air here.

FUN FACT: The US has basically caught up to the Japanese version about five years ago. To give them some leeway they take December-Mid February off each year.

Man, Fallout 4 is still so busted.

Sometimes the conversation system will just break, and character will just keep starting at each other without saying a word.
Either that or Preston and my character appear to have a very special relationship, and my character has the odd tendency to get lost in his eyes I guess.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
WVW69i6xq60AOFePwp

Been a good while since a pixel dump, might as well celebrate the end of one of the worse shows ever end of our beloved Akame Ja Nai!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom