• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

I normally would have different music on or something else to listen to while grinding. Not listening to game sounds makes it go by faster.

On the subject of Fire Emblem, and kind of RPG in general, how do people here feel about grinding?

Because as weird as it may sound, I sometimes take some pleasure in just grinding. Getting my units super buff.

I don't like ruining the balance of the game personally. I enjoy the challenge.

Jarate

Banned
It's my birthright.

(I was playing Conquest actually) It fixes a lot of my problems with Awakening.

I started with Birthright, and I'm kind of glad I did for story reasons

My thought process was to play the easy one first, then enjoy the next two beauties

I can never get into Fire Emblem. I always end up taking a break between missions and kinda just stop playing eventually. That's a general issue I seem to have with handheld games.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm too busy being blown away by the references that Namco put into Project X Zone 2. There's a freakin' Radiant Silvergun quote hidden away if you team up the right units.

....& also busy hiding downstairs from the fact my little sister has a few friends over & is being rather loud.

Seda

Turns out I wont be able to play Fire Emblem Fates for some time - mostly due to work, but also a couple other games I'm reviewing.

nbd, I usually play games well after release anyway.

Seda

Jason/Gill talked about Dimension W on PreFlight.

-FUNimation came to Toonami about the opportunity to air it (which isn't surprising).
-Jason comments how it's a little weird because they didn't really know too much about the show beforehand. They've seen about the first 5 episodes dubbed.
-Similar to the Space Dandy airing in some regards although seemingly even more uncertainty. (my guess is the Space Dandy thing probably had a lot more planning leading up to it, which makes sense).
-Hoping to 'continue' showing more 'new' stuff like this, if possible, although they want to keep a mix ('highlight some shows that have been around').
-They show a 2-3 minute clip of the first episode. Several lines from Sabat's and Stephanie Young's character, only a few from Saxton's.

Tomorrow's goodie is
a creepy hiphop music video featuring vocals backed by cat sounds. You read that right.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

-FUNimation came to Toonami about the opportunity to air it (which isn't surprising).
-Jason comments how it's a little weird because they didn't really know too much about the show beforehand. They've seen about the first 5 episodes dubbed.
-Similar to the Space Dandy airing in some regards although seemingly even more uncertainty. (my guess is the Space Dandy thing probably had a lot more planning leading up to it, which makes sense).
-Hoping to 'continue' showing more 'new' stuff like this, if possible, although they want to keep a mix ('highlight some shows that have been around').
-They show a 2-3 minute clip of the first episode. Several lines from Sabat's and Stephanie Young's character, only a few from Saxton's.

Tomorrow's goodie is
a creepy hiphop music video featuring vocals backed by cat sounds. You read that right.

Let's see if its weird enough to wake me up during Naruto Shippuden.

Mizerman

Tomorrow's goodie is

Heh.

Well, it's something.

Everyone knows that if you take a normal animal noise, and change it just slightly, it becomes terrifying beyond belief.

Though the horrible sound of all is the laughter of children sped up. (Condemned Criminal Origins taught me that.)

Moaradin

I'm planning to watch Prison School but I'm waiting for the uncensored version. If you're gonna watch something like that, you might as well go all the way with it.

Guys, watching Garo Crimson Moon might actually be killing me.

I might not make it to Spring......

...the spring season I mean.

You'll all have to watch Jojo for me.

I can't decide my gender for Fates.

It's like for the characters I'd rather be a guy. But for the story (Largely conquest) I'd rather be a girl.

Tomorrow's goodie is

Let's hope it's as successful as Space Dandy.
A mix of new broadcast dubs with standout fan favorites from recent years is a good strategy.

BBboy20

I got the Special Edition so is it better to play Revelations first or there some cross saving/unlocks for beating all 3 games?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I got the Special Edition so is it better to play Revelations first or there some cross saving/unlocks for beating all 3 games?

Analogy Time:

Birthright:Naruto
Conquest:Naruto Non-Canon season where he decides to join Orochimaru for no reason.
Revelations:Naruto Shippuden.

Okay, that analogy doesn't really work. Let's try explaining it plain talk.

Birthright: Seemingly the obvious direction for the prologue chapter to go in. Mechanically more friendly/easier than Conquest.
Conquest: Seemingly NOT the obvious direction for the prologue chapter to go in. Mechanically more complicated, bringing in new elements/old series stables. Harder than Birthright.
Revelations: Like the name suggests, it is the story beneath the story that ties it all together. Not recommended to play first.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Well, the thing to remember is Space Dandy was pretty much a deal with Adult Swim and Bandai Japan directly with Funimation along for the ride where Dimension W is Funimations grand investiture experiment with Adult Swim being the mere facilitator in this case.

ckohler

I wonder if Funi gave them any assurances that the show won't go off the deep end (change genres or something) before the end or if Toonami has to just take a gamble each time.

I remember Jason saying they had only seen the first few episodes of KLK before deciding to air it and look how crazy (nude) that series went. At least with Space Dandy and Dimension W, those were/are still airing in Japan but KLK was already over at that point. I realize they don't always have the time to watch an entire series before airing them.. but man.. this is anime we're talking about here. Anything could happen. It just seems like a very cavalier attitude to have, imo.

You can actually do Revelations first? Idk why you'd do that since it seems obvious it's the last story.

Also, wow is tearing myself away from SFV and FE to watch the last episode of Akame ga Kill gonna be tough.

So I was just reminded that Evolve exists.
250px-Evolve_Box_Art.png

....what a strange feeling this is, being reminded of this DLC abomination.

I've been playing Birthright and I'm currently at chapter 10. Enjoying it so far the game play is a big step up from Awakening.

The story is quite frankly told really weird and it has pacing issues everywhere, but at least the character interactions are very entertaining which is what I look forward to in a FE game.

Jarate

Banned
Ive been trying to go to sleep at 10 the past few nights because im starting trucking school and have failed miserably both times

Knowing my luck, I'll fall asleep super early tomorrow night ;-;
dont worry friends, ill be here to shit on the thread

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So I was just reminded that Evolve exists.
250px-Evolve_Box_Art.png

....what a strange feeling this is, being reminded of this DLC abomination.
I think what's weirder is the fact it actually came out in 2015. So much hype but then just dropped off the planet so quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom