• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Akame ga Kill! never ends Man-God.

Not until everything on this earth is EDGE.

2JaxsNF.gif

Seda

Unfortunately, it's pretty hard to take opinions on women anime characters seriously because many seem to ignore actual writing, character development, or plot incorporation and only care if they are cute and if they can be protected.

Line_HTX

Her story is all about how her life got flipped, turned upside down
if you can take a minute, you'll find out, too
about what happens to her in Dimension W.

Somehow that OP dance gif would fit the Fresh Prince song.

Yo Holmes, smell you later!

Line_HTX

Unfortunately, it's pretty hard to take opinions on women anime characters seriously because many seem to ignore actual writing, character development, or plot incorporation and only care if they are cute and if they can be protected.

Good thing you don't watch the new stuff this Winter season, as they'll probably make you shake your head endlessly.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
At this point all I want is for the manga to come back and for the current arc to finish. Shit is worse than Berserk.
I still haven't touched the manga because I need to buy volumes 1, 2, & 10. Need to see where I can get them for decent prices. I got volumes 3 through 9 for.....$20-ish, I think?

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Is she cute?!?

Can she be...protected?

who is the best written female to appear on Toonami?

The one least defined by typical gender roles is probably Revy.

Maka was pretty good.

I don't think anyone is gonna disagree with me when I say Ahsoka is pretty great, once she gets past her nerdy phase.

Seda

worth mentioning that characters don't have to be badass to be good characters

this goes for guy characters too

like, Jean is a better character than Levi

imo

Line_HTX

Something about having various powers of the elements by touching a specific part of her body, like either using fire or metal, what have ya...

There's a chart somewhere.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Something about having various powers of the elements by touching a specific part of her body, like either using fire or metal, what have ya...

There's a chart somewhere.
In all honestly, this sounds like if it was done by a good writer, it could be an interesting concept, plus situations where "oh, can't use my hands, have to figure out some other way to activate my powers" or "last power I had was *element*, I can only use this for the time being instead of something more effective"

Of course, a writer could also abuse this considering they could easily go the "huk huk, she's gotta touch her butt to activate an element" route.

In all honestly, this sounds like if it was done by a good writer, it could be an interesting concept, plus situations where "oh, can't use my hands, have to figure out some other way to activate my powers" or "last power I had was *element*, I can only use this for the time being instead of something more effective"

Of course, a writer could also abuse this considering they could easily go the "huk huk, she's gotta touch her butt to activate an element" route.

In ancient Chinese Medicine, organs and body parts do correspond to elements. So there is precedence, even if its bs pseudo science

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I came to a rather startling realization earlier today; the animated show I watch week in week out with the highest budget and best production is almost certainly...Pokémon X/Y.

I have no clue why they decided to dramatically up the budget of one of the longest running series two years ago, but they did. It puts Naruto and One Piece to shame. The latest episode I watched I would have believed you if you told me it was an OVA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom