• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grexeno

Not quite. The new show airs in 21 days which has been the minimum lead time for shows for a while now - not since Star Wars or Soul Eater (early 2013) was it less than that.

Maybe there will be a teaser today, if not, I'd have to imagine next week sometime.
Oh, you're right. I've been adding another week for some reason.

I miss the ripoff Avatar music during the Trunks vs Frieza fight.
SPOILERS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBlmbSqhOxU

And for shits and giggles, here's the uncut Kikuchi, original Nicktoons, and Vortexx versions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQFUfFzGz3

Could have replaced it with Battle Point Unlimited but that was a ripoff too. Yamamoto whyyyyy!!!!

Is it wrong that the best music Dragon Ball has had is from a plagiarist?

Edit: Would like to point out that the second video you linked does not exist.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Plagiarists that get famous produce good work...because they steal it from other talented people! That's literally how it works!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Frieza's in for a nasty surprise as his welcoming committee promptly goes Super Saiyan on him, Kurome issues a challenge to Akame, Shinichi confronts one of the parasites in the new mayor's inner circle, the trio encounters a somewhat unusual tourist, the team gives chase as Guren retreats, Don Accino shows off his power for Zoro while the rest of the crew contemplate escape, and Takarada makes it rain.

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 55 - There Is Planet Earth, Father! Frieza and King Cold Strike Back!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 56 - I Will Defeat Frieza! Another Super Saiyan!
12:30 - Akame ga Kill! - 22 - Kill the Little Sister
1:00 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 15 - Something Wicked This Way Comes
1:30 - Samurai Champloo - 6 - Stranger Searching
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 98 - The Target Appears
2:30 - One Piece - 332 - Mansion of Great Chaos! The Enraged Don and the Captured Crew!
3:00 - KILL la KILL - 15 - Don't Stop Me Now

Guys, Akame takes the center stage tonight!

...You know, Akame. The titular heroine.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This is probably as 90's a night TOONAMI will ever have unless Trigun/Bebop/Outlaw Star/YYH rejoin the block. The first three shows in particular (A show from the 90's, a dub from the 90's, a show based on a manga written in the 90's) but there's some bits in the last two shows that feel from that period.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guys

Do you think Kurome, the little sister of Akame, will be killed tonight?

I can't explain why, but I have this feeling

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Guys

Do you think Kurome, the little sister of Akame, will be killed tonight?

I can't explain why, but I have this feeling

She's been dying this entire time on Mega Venom or whatever she's been taken, and headphones already Akame Ga Killed! her once.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
All of the Strawhats were captured or are on their way to big bad's mansion. Hopefully Captain Puzzle can save the day. The phoenix always rises.

Not quite. The new show airs in 21 days which has been the minimum lead time for shows for a while now - not since Star Wars or Soul Eater (early 2013) was it less than that.

Maybe there will be a teaser today, if not, I'd have to imagine next week sometime.

The end of this week's Pre-Flight mentioned some "fun announcements" for the next episode, perhaps we'll find out then?

Plagiarists that get famous produce good work...because they steal it from other talented people! That's literally how it works!

But is the fact Yamamoto was the best composer Dragon Ball had because he plagiarized the works of others or because the bar for Dragon Ball music wasn't that high to begin with?

Won't be posting much tonight because fuck college for giving me a ton of homework when I was supposed to have a SB party, but I'll be watching and posting with you all in spirit.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I will never figure out why Naruto Shippuden wasn't cancelled at multiple points in its lifetime.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Decent ratings is why.

The fact that it is going to outlive the manga by three years+ is impressive though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*siiiiggghhhh* Time for the 32nd episode in a row featuring freakin' Frieza.

God, at this rate, I'm so damn tired, I don't know why I haven't dropped DBZ yet, even with the fact I'm group watching it with you guys.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

God, at this rate, I'm so damn tired, I don't know why I haven't dropped DBZ yet, even with the fact I'm group watching it with you guys.

Just watch this one, it's important.

It should be the last one with him at least. After this, The Android saga begins.

Going to be hard as hell to top the GOP debate from earlier tonight, but I know better than to ever expect that level of continuous entertainment out of Toonami.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

There ain't no Freiza tonight my friend. Mecha Freiza is always considered a different character in fighting games. Hell because we're watching Kai we won't be seeing Freezer ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom