• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.
artworks-000146083601-8huigm-t500x500.jpg

The Martian - 24:35
Dragon Ball Z: Lord Slug - 36:23

"We skipped The Martian when it came out, and we fix that mistake this week while also talking about Tom Cruise, McDonald's, and the ongoing Academy Awards controversy before figuring out that modern day Popeye would be one of those people who eats kale. It's also time to review and rank the next DBZ movie, Lord Slug!"

Lord Slug is a lot better than I expected it would be. The minion fights are actually great, and the ruined city environment goes a long way toward making the whole thing feel fresh. I feel like the Dragon Balls were kind of shoe-horned in, though, and most of the plot developments in the back half are some bullshit (I know, DBZ, but still). Rankings so far:

Piccolo out of Piccolo:
1. The World's Strongest

Vegeta out of Piccolo:
2. The Dead Zone

Gohan out of Piccolo:
3. Lord Slug

Krillin out of Piccolo:
4. Tree of Might

Yamcha out of Piccolo:
(none)

I'm gonna try to get the one with Cooler's Revenge up Sunday. I'm super behind on all this.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Crap, hope I wasn't late in doing that voting. I'd totally be fine with a T.O.M. pin, but also having a shirt would be cool as well.

Edit: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHY IS SONIC THE HEDGEHOG LISTED UNDER FAVORITE OVA AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

& this is coming from someone who owns it on VHS.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This year at Momocon: "How come Bleach was in last place to uncancel?! I WANT YOU GUYS TO BRING IT BACK!!'

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
#NotAllGifs

Also, last year, I finally understood why it was called Bleach & I was so ashamed it took me so long.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
2nd season of Soma is April as well, right? I feel like now that characters are established & the reactions aim for more silly than sexy (though they might be both, but it's rare from what I remember), more people will like it &/or find it better than the first season.

2nd season of Soma is April as well, right? I feel like now that characters are established & the reactions aim for more silly than sexy (though they might be both, but it's rare from what I remember), more people will like it &/or find it better than the first season.

Soma isn't confirmed for Spring.

Jarate

Banned
Fist of the north Star coming to Toonami confirmed due to poll

ATAtATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATAT WHACHA

I like it for favorite Sports anime, the "other" option has 61% of the vote

Ippo and Ping pong are the top tier sports anime, with Eyeshield probably being the last one (but clearly the worst) of those 3

Line_HTX

It's too bad they only dubbed 36 episodes of Fist of the North Star. For a while I was legit curious in what it was like.

Jarate

Banned
I can actually do a pretty mean kenshiro impersonation, I got those ATATATATATATs on crack down, but I think it's pretty much impossible to get his voice down

Mizerman

It's too bad they only dubbed 36 episodes of Fist of the North Star. For a while I was legit curious in what it was like.

Same. I remember watching on the Encore channel and wondering what happened to the later episodes.

The anime got me into the series in the first place.

Line_HTX

I can actually do a pretty mean kenshiro impersonation, I got those ATATATATATATs on crack down, but I think it's pretty much impossible to get his voice down

Now when I imagine Ken's voice besides the obvious God VA, I think of Kaiji Tang from the first Ken's Rage game, lol. It was why when I heard Tsumugu Kinagase, the TWO THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW guy from Kill la Kill, I was like, wow, he's using his Kenshiro voice from the game.

Soulflarz

Banned
Is Seda sticking around this time?

Is Bass coming back for the thing?

Is Branduil alive?

Can we get Kayos in there and patronize him like good friends do?

These are all important questions.

Seda

But we probably won't get it until late next week. That's what Seda's chart seemed to imply.

Not quite. The new show airs in 21 days which has been the minimum lead time for shows for a while now - not since Star Wars or Soul Eater (early 2013) was it less than that.

Maybe there will be a teaser today, if not, I'd have to imagine next week sometime.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Obviously this will never happen, but I get the feeling that DeMarco would LOVE to do this.
I'd be content if they aired that movie from the early '90s. The dub was surprisingly good, given the era it came out. Too bad for certain scenes, they look really bad because they couldn't get better quality/the original masters of said scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom