• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I only own 53 of them.

Also, they should make a Toonamiibo.

bDfE699.gif

Seda

"What's the point of buying this figurine if all it's going to do is just sit there on my shelf?!"

You joke but this is why I don't care about figurines or collector's editions, because I typically want some utility of out things more than just decoration.

I hear about people 'running out of room in their closet' for CEs and stuff and I'm like ?_? if you just stuff them in a closet why do you have them.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've bought a lot of collector's editions recently, well, for me at least. I've bought four over the past five years.

They all have one thing in common. They either had a full art book, a full cd, or a full dvd with them.

I vastly prefer buying games digitally these days.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You joke but this is why I don't care about figurines or collector's editions, because I typically want some utility of out things more than just decoration.

I hear about people 'running out of room in their closet' for CEs and stuff and I'm like ?_? if you just stuff them in a closet why do you have them.
Honestly, I only care about figures/statues if they're part of the LE/pre-order (& even then, has to be reasonably priced & look cool) or if I get them for free (*cough* like the TOM statue I won *cough*). But yes, I agree that if I'm buying something expensive, it needs to be more than just decoration. I can't bring myself to spend over $50 for a thing that just sits on a shelf to look nice, let alone $100+ for the more expensive stuff that people are willing to buy/import. I don't have the disposable income for that sort of thing.

At least with amiibo, they double as bonuses because they can be used in a decent amount of games that I play, even if it's just simple as costumes like in Woolly World. Plus they're only $13 each, which is much cheaper, & I dig the idea of characters like Bayonetta, Mega Man, Little Mac, Captain Falcon, & such getting their own figures.

I also agree what's the point of buying CE if you're going to put it in a place that won't be seen? Closet should be for things you don't want sitting around. I like displaying my gaming items, & I have all my gaming books (both from LEs & bought from stores) on a shelf close to my games.

Mizerman

Eh. I'm still a physical buyer these days. I might decide to purchase a game or two digitally, but I still want the physical part 9 times out of ten.

"What's the point of buying this figurine if all it's going to do is just sit there on my shelf?!"

It comes as a shock to them, doesn't it?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I prefer the mixture of digital & physical. I like smaller/cheaper titles as digital, then the bigger/expensive games as physical. I don't like the idea of risking $60 on a digital game, then realizing I don't like it & I won't get any of my money back.

Also my internet isn't all that great so downloading large games take foreeevveeerrr.

Seda

Digital works pretty well in some respects on handheld. You can have a bunch of games to pick from when traveling without carrying around carts or whatever. Run into memory card space issues, however, or Nintendo's cruddy account system.

Aren't most/all PS4 games effectively "digital" anyway?

bigkrev

I own 30 Amiibos. Almost all of them were bought because "fuck, these things are super rare, if I ever want it I need to buy it right now!", which is something that's really not true anymore. I don't ever use them either- I scanned my Fire Emblem ones into Fates and I unlocked all the games in that Amiibo tap thing, but otherwise I never use them. I canceled my preorder of Twilight Princess HD w/Amiibo this weekend because I finally decided I don't need another Amiibo (and I don't think I want to play Twilight Princess, either)

I had assumed I was going to be a mostly digital customer this gen, but thanks to GCU, I pretty much by everything physical now, lol. I really don't like buying games on 3DS and WiiU that exist physically as a download, because they still don't have an account system in 2016.

can you name one PS4 game that isnt available on PSN?

There are some re-releases/GOTY/Complete versions that aren't on PSN (There was a boxed version of Evolve with all the DLC that was out for months before it came to PSN/XBLA 2 weeks ago).

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
One thing I like about Amiibo is that they continually GAIN value, if Nintendo uses them right. $13 for something I can use in one game is decent, if I like the game. Something that gains uses in more in more games (of varying interest) is even better. I'm totally looking forward to some game that makes every Amiibo a playable character. I'd love it if Nintendo made a series of Amiibo-All-Play games. Maybe as a sequel to Nintendoland...

I don't have many of them (I have more Skylanders), but I would have been very happy with some of them back when I was younger. Especially since "Anime" looking figures where comparatively rare. The first time I got a chance to drool over figurines and statues at an anime-con felt so special.

I'd still play a Tenchiibo game with these guys too.
$T2eC16F,!zEFIezMO9J(BSQGfkH)Tw~~60_35.JPG

Jarate

Banned
I made sure to buy all the Fire Emblem ones, as much like everything ever related to Fire Emblem, I'm assuming the price will go up

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oh god, it's this episode of Family Guy. The self-indulgent crap that involved Brain eating Stewie's poo and ends with a discussion on suicide.

Speaking as someone who was a part of the amiibo hype when it came out, I wouldn't have gotten a lot of amiibo I would have otherwised passed on had they been in decent stock early on. Roy and Corrin will be the last two amiibo I'll be getting before bowing out for good.

By god but Danganronpa has some long ass chapters.

Are you feeling the despair?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Speaking as someone who was a part of the amiibo hype when it came out, I wouldn't have gotten a lot of amiibo I would have otherwised passed on had they been in decent stock early on. Roy and Corrin will be the last two amiibo I'll be getting before bowing out for good.

Are you feeling the despair?

More like exhaustion considering that class trial lasted at least an hour.

Ended Chapter 3, my review will note this.

I see. I should note the final trial is essentially the length of two separate trials so be prepared to be in it for the long run when you can to it.

On a different note, what are your general thought on the remaining students?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I see. I should note the final trial is essentially the length of two separate trials so be prepared to be in it for the long run when you can to it.

On a different note, what are your general thought on the remaining students?

Yea, I don't see myself getting to that for the deadline is tomorrow but I have seen enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom