• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't take it seriously when one of the promos had the dialogue of "the power of the Rave."

tumblr_mwsz01OuCh1rpbikxo1_500.gif

Puruzi

Banned
I liked Rave Master

Read it a long time ago but I remember it made me laugh a whole lot.

Never watched the anime though

Crocodile

Did anyone here perchance get the Mighty No 9 demo last fall and know how to get it to actually run? Like I see a folder with MN9Game but no exe to run :(

Is there something I'm missing?

Raxus

I would love to see Escaflowne since I hear good things but the original dub was (hilariously) cut for kids and was basically unairable.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Only if it hits its Kickstarter goal thouhg!

Yes, Funimation is trying to raise money for a dub via Kickstarter

Considering how old it is I can't entirely blame them for deciding to check if an audience willing to put their money down is there or not. I mean, the show's from back in the 90's and doing a new dub wouldn't be cheap. If they were going to do this over a more modern show, they'd have to be sure if it's worth it or not.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
hey maybe Funimation could raise money for a replacement dub for Bardock and The History of Trunks because god damn

I'd rather them do Ippo or Conan. I'd love a proper Conan dub, they'd even be able to filter out the filler pretty easily due to the nature of the story and how it's told.

Line_HTX

*looks at Facebook feed*
*see this Funimation video from a couple days ago because Facebook is shit*
... So much bizarre effort

Suddenly I'm reminded of the sudden surge of USS Iowa "art" ROFL. No seriously, Iowa has star eyes like Honey from Space Dandy.

HAY THERE, LITTLE LADY. SO WHAT CALIBER OF AMMO ARE YOU SMUGGLIN'?

... BUT I GOTS TO KNOW!

Considering how old it is I can't entirely blame them for deciding to check if an audience willing to put their money down is there or not. I mean, the show's from back in the 90's and doing a new dub wouldn't be cheap. If they were going to do this over a more modern show, they'd have to be sure if it's worth it or not.

I had not considered that. It sucks that it's expensive, but I guess this is the more sure way of gauging demand. I mean, if they say this will be "perfect form with a Blu-ray release of a brand-new English dub that finally matches every second of the complete uncut Japanese HD materials" then hell, I'd totally see going that route.

Just hope that Funimation actually puts that money to good use in the perfect dub, haha

Jarate

Banned
Also, watched the first 5 episodes of t"The Devil is a Part Timer" and my only issue with the show is lack of consistency with the characters.
Satan is a mess of a character, and really went from "Charming Evil Guy with lofty ambitions to Kirito prrett fast. I really liked it, but it went shonen as fuck near the end of the arc which is weird too, wasnt expecting that

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*looks at Facebook feed*
*see this Funimation video from a couple days ago because Facebook is shit*
... So much bizarre effort
Holy crap, that guy's voice is.....so NOT fitting, yet I can tell he was trying his best to put effort into it.

Though damn it, can we have an anime that doesn't associate flat-chest = LOL UNDERAGE SCHOOL LOLI ONII-CHAN. There exists quite a bit of legal aged women who don't possess such huge sizes, & there are legit reasons for men to prefer smaller sizes that isn't the freakin' reason they went for.

So apparently Vision of Escaflowne is getting a new dub this year.

Hmmmmmmmm

it was a show Toonami wanted to air.

I don't know what to think of this.

On the one hand, Escaflowne 2016 release is all but assured at this point. On the other hand, Funi doing a sort of director's cut means that if this fails, then we might be getting a sub only release here in NA. On the other, other hand, it getting redubbed means no Ocean dub and that will be yet another Canadian dubbed series that you Americans stole from us. On the other, other, other hand Dilandau might get a voice actor who doesn't sound like he's five years old.

Basically I'm remaining cautiously excited and hoping I don't overdose on Nostalgia.

Jarate

Banned
There are many things I don't understand in this universe.

But none baffle me more than the people who think Ken looks good in SFV.

I think he looks pretty cool

his alt costume though is a lot better

In fact theres a lot of alt costumes that I think are better

Birdie, Karin, Ken, and Chun Li's story mode costume are by far their best designs

My goodness...we're living in a post-Akame Ga Kill Toonami world from here on in (well until the encore shows up, which I hope it doesn't).

It's gonna be okay. I think we'll going to be okay.

tumblr_inline_nl5nomiVAL1sptc1c.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Golden Time sure was an interesting watch, especially since it focused on college students which is surprisingly rare this day & age in anime/manga.

now if only my college life was similar to that....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom