• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

amused how Naruto went into filler a week or two before One Piece and will follow out of filler about 3 months later.

Oh Satsuki.

giphy.gif

So that Escaflowne kickstarter is over 40% of the way to its goal. Got a month to go.

So, I'm gonna recant my previous opinion, and say it's probably gonna make it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
YES, YOU'LL BECOME A SLAVE TO CLOTHING

.......DESPITE THE FACT BOTH OF YOU WERE WEARING CLOTHING IN THAT FLASHBACK.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 59 - Undetectable Monsters! The Androids Appear!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 60 - The Unbeatable Enemy Within! Goku vs. Android 19!
12:30 - Dimension W - 2 - Loser
1:00 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 19 - In Cold Blood
1:30 - Samurai Champloo - 10 - Lethal Lunacy
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 102 - Regroup!
2:30 - One Piece - 336 - Chopperman to the Rescue! Protect the TV Station by the Shore!
3:00 - KILL la KILL - 19 - Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head

Later.

HAHAHAHA It's Super Effective and take my babby please. Another wonderful sketch by SAB CA. Also the first episode of Dimension W can be told by just a "?". Will see the next one if it improves.

Line_HTX

This is the beginning.

Gas tax of 400%? Shit...

LMAO, "NEW TESLA ENERGY"

That lady sounded like Scarlet/Makina.

Coils to get energy from the 4th dimension.

LIMITLESS SUPPLY OF ENERGY!

YO, GIVE ME MORE D&B OPENINGS!!

WHY DON'T YOU EVER TRY~ CHANGE THE WORLD

Illegal coils is banned. Always use official ones.

I swear Mira sounds like dub Suguha for real.

BAH GAWD. THEY KILLED IT!

Petty thugs from Shadow City.

Kyoma HAET coils??

Uh-OH

See, I'm a Collector. Hand those illegal coils over.

Robot ASS.

Vicious slap and twintails. Mira is a TUSR pandering personal android, DeKappa

Dimensional Administrative Bureau.

Make him yours, Blondie?

The robots they make these days though...

Seda

So, Dimension W

The first episode had a lot of exposition and was pretty talky. It isn't ideal, but hopefully they got whatever main points down they needed to and things and flow more naturally from here.

Lets see if I got the main beats. This company, Tesla (lol), produces coils which power stuffs. The scientist who created them originally doesn't seem to be with that company, and his family was killed at some point. He created an Android as his replacement daughter. He's confronted by an employee (I'll have to review the dialogue exchange here about what happened between Tesla and scientist dude) and takes the extreme path by taking his life.

There are illegal coils also being made - and they made sure to let us they know are illegal. Judging by the gang scene, they are illegal because they are dangerous (turn water guns into weapons). MC works for a company separate from Tesla to collect these. Sounds like scientist and Mira want to collect these too.

As for the fanservice, there was definitely an eyeroll-worthy amount. There were a couple cases where things could have been handled better and with more tact. For example, I think having a "female" robot on an 'operating table' without street clothes isn't that far-fetched and not inherently pandering - but then of course they focus the 'camera' on the crotch and chest. yay.

I'm interested enough in the show. I assume 'collect illegal coils' won't be the primary motive for too long.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nah, Japan is a few weeks ahead of us (like, they're on episode 7 or 8 now?)

Also yeah, took me a minute to fully understand why certain coils were illegal (because they make things way too powerful).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom