• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

I've said this previously, but I still feel Parasyte does a handful of good things with its drama, pacing, and some characters. Unfortunately it does a number of pretty dumb things too with women, relationships, and some hamfisted 'moral themes'. A mixed bag but I'm interested enough.

TUSR

Banned
I think "Miki" means "Trunk" in Japanese?

So...he's "storing" multiple parasytes, like a trunk?

D9sAWU5.gif

Jarate

Banned
I've said this previously, but I still feel Parasyte does a handful of good things with its drama, pacing, and some characters. Unfortunately it does a number of pretty dumb things too with women, relationships, and some obvious 'moral themes'. A mixed bag but I'm interested enough.

way better then AGK

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I've said this previously, but I still feel Parasyte does a handful of good things with its drama, pacing, and some characters. Unfortunately it does a number of pretty dumb things too with women, relationships, and some obvious 'moral themes'. A mixed bag but I'm interested enough.

this is where I'm at

Korigama

Honest question, what's the appeal here for AgK? Like I don't think this is the worst show on the planet or anything but even if you want to argue "I didn't like the characters in M&H", the characters in AgK are worse. If you wanted to argue spots of M&H were boring, AgK at its worst is more boring. Like, is there anything AgK does legit better than any show on this block currently or any recent show?
Hmm...sorry, can't even agree that the characters in AgK are worse when not a single one of those featured in M&H was in any way entertaining, or even interesting to me in any capacity, beyond Hatchin. Before the show started going completely off the rails for its gecko ending, I could certainly say that AgK handled its action scenes well the majority of the time.

I will also admit that I'm being far harsher on M&H because I expected to hate AgK and love M&H, whereas I instead found the former to be (very) flawed, yet still entertaining in its absurdity, while M&H is a meandering pile of nothing that couldn't be more dull and more of a waste of time compared to similar "random misadventures threaded together loosely by a central plot" shows (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Space Dandy) that came before or after it. Neither the journey nor the destination were in any way worth it.

I've said this previously, but I still feel Parasyte does a handful of good things with its drama, pacing, and some characters. Unfortunately it does a number of pretty dumb things too with women, relationships, and some hamfisted 'moral themes'. A mixed bag but I'm interested enough.

Yeah it falters bad at some points (particularly fake Chelsea from AGK) but it's still not as bad as AGK. Then again, I can't recall any anime I ever saw as bad as that.

Based Champloo bay-bay.

Next week's episode of Parasyte is pretty good too.

Fair warning though, if you think they've been blunt with the messages so far, you haven't seen anything yet.

Regiruler

Relationships, good or bad, do absolutely nothing for me. Given that, Parasyte is my favorite show on the block.

Ugh, why is battlecry so obnoxious.
EDIT: oh shit I've seen this ep, amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom