• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I bought a Vita because I genuinely enjoy playing games on handhelds.

I rarely play the Vita because most of the games I do play come out on the 3DS instead. I usually take a month/six weeks off a year and play Vita instead.

Soulflarz

Banned
Well I just had to drop $100 for a fucking 64 GB memory card because of all the digital only Vita games. I love the system so much, but Sony's memory card situation is fucking absurd.

3YYaYjc.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well I just had to drop $100 for a fucking 64 GB memory card because of all the digital only Vita games. I love the system so much, but Sony's memory card situation is fucking absurd.
Ugh, yeah, I had to spend $100 on a 32GB card at launch with my system. Hurts even more now that we know the prototype originaly would've used SD cards.

Now it's a shame that the releases are either slowing down or I just get them for PS4. I think the only Vita games right now that I can think of that I want are Zero Time Dilemma & Danganronpa V3.

Edit: Oh, right, I'm waiting for the Vita version of Puyo Puyo Tetris to arrive, & I still need to finish Steins;Gate on it as well. Just keep getting distracted with my other backlog stuff, & tomorrow isn't helping with 2 more PS4 games.

bigkrev

I love my Vita. Play it nearly every day
At this point, the 3DS is a badge collector only machine. Outside of Picross games, I can't think of a single game last year I played more than a couple of hours of.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Steins;Gate is my next Vita game to play as well. Then I'll finally watch the anime. ZE3 is definitely a game I'll play on 3DS first.

Line_HTX

Isn't Steins;Gate out on Steam now?

And also, the anime would do well on TV because this is pretty intriguing sci-fi with some intelligent conversation.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It does fine in Japan, by the standards of what the Japanese market is for non-mobile games is these days

Even there it's no big deal. Hell it was nearly dead in the water until Minecraft came along.

That might be the most worrysome thing about the Vita as a viable product, arguably it's two biggest hits are Minecraft and Persona 4 Golden. Great games to be sure, but they're kinda, you know, of the late port variety.

EDIT: The perfect TOONAMI comparison for Vita might be how One Piece is treated in the west.

I remember people lambasting the Vita early in its lifecycle for having too many ports.
There were probably too many ports, but at the same time, it probably made some business sense. Sony was trying to put big names on the Vita quickly.

In comparison, while the 3DS probably has a better line up now, it had a genuinely awful launch line up.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh yeah, the first year of the 3DS was ROUGH. Didn't help we had to wait for the eShop & the VC titles.

Hell, for the most part, the first year for ANY console is rought because companies are still learning how to develop for the new hardware. I don't get why people don't understand this & always complain about systems being "dead on arrival."

Mizerman

I remember when I first got the PSP years ago and the only games I had on there was the Power Stone Collection, GTA and Dynasty Warriors.

bigkrev

I remember people lambasting the Vita early in its lifecycle for having too many ports.
There were probably too many ports, but at the same time, it probably made some business sense. Sony was trying to put big names on the Vita quickly.

In comparison, while the 3DS probably has a better line up now, it had a genuinely awful launch line up.

On paper, the Vita launch line-up was kind of incredible. You had a sequel to the best game on the original PSP (Lumines: Electronic Symphony), you had multiple first party franchises that people liked (Hot Shots, Uncharted, Wipeout), you had quality ports of console games (Rayman Origins), you had legitimate quality sports titles, which have never been done on a portable (FIFA, Virtua Tennis 4, and if we cheat and include games that came a week after launch, MLB 12), you had some really good/intresting downloadable games (Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, Escape Plan, Super Stardust), you had fighting games that played well (Blazblue and UMVC3), and you still had a dozen of lower quality games also out as well.

Like, if you ask me, it had the best launch line-up of any console ever. With the exception of JRPG and FPS, there was something worth playing from all generas..

Completely unrelated, I'm kind of shocked that Rise of the Tomb Raider didn't get more love last year. I'm playing it now that it's on PC (I'm getting close to the end I think), and I have enjoyed it more than anything else I played last year. They took everything wrong with the last game and fixed it!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
PSP was my MP3 & video player throughout high school after my Zune's motherboard was burnt out (took it apart during Electronics class to see why it stopped working).

Though the memory card for that was ALSO a pain/pricey. What is it with Sony's portable devices & memory cards?

Grexeno

On paper, the Vita launch line-up was kind of incredible. You had a sequel to the best game on the original PSP (Lumines: Electronic Symphony), you had multiple first party franchises that people liked (Hot Shots, Uncharted, Wipeout), you had quality ports of console games (Rayman Origins), you had legitimate quality sports titles, which have never been done on a portable (FIFA, Virtua Tennis 4, and if we cheat and include games that came a week after launch, MLB 12), you had some really good/intresting downloadable games (Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, Escape Plan, Super Stardust), you had fighting games that played well (Blazblue and UMVC3), and you still had a dozen of lower quality games also out as well.

Like, if you ask me, it had the best launch line-up of any console ever. With the exception of JRPG and FPS, there was something worth playing from all generas.
Unfortunately none of those are games people actually wanted to play on a handheld.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I got Electronic Symphony for like.....$10, I think? Man, such a great game.

Funny enough, my launch title game was Touch my Katamari, which revitalized my interest in the series since I only played the PS2 original, then would later get the PS3 & 360 games.

Ugh, yeah, I had to spend $100 on a 32GB card at launch with my system. Hurts even more now that we know the prototype originaly would've used SD cards.

Now it's a shame that the releases are either slowing down or I just get them for PS4. I think the only Vita games right now that I can think of that I want are Zero Time Dilemma & Danganronpa V3.

Edit: Oh, right, I'm waiting for the Vita version of Puyo Puyo Tetris to arrive, & I still need to finish Steins;Gate on it as well. Just keep getting distracted with my other backlog stuff, & tomorrow isn't helping with 2 more PS4 games.

I'm in for ZTD, Digimon, Muv Luv, new YS and Cold Steel 2 (and hopefully every other trails game). Vanillaware's new game looks cool too though i wanna see more first.

Vita still got a good amount of games coming that i want to play. It gets more use than most of my other consoles.

bigkrev

Unfortunately none of those are games people actually wanted to play on a handheld.

Yep, Sony developed the Vita to be a console replacement- kind of like those big desktop replacement laptops. It's a device designed for Japan, where people don't have giant TVs and prefer handhelds, it's designed for travelers, ect. I'm really sad it never took off, because I would always prefer to play something portably than on a console/PC. I wish we had gotten more console game ports, and received them day and date, because I wanted to play them on Vita.

It's a device that was designed for a market that really doesn't exist. I love it, but I know I'm in the vast minority.

Finally someone noticed. I've literally been making Mako Tsunami jokes for months! You're a good person.

Aww.

But really I'm the only one whos noticed?! for shame ToonamiGAF for forgetting the weirdness that is Mako Tsunami.

You may actually like the new movie then as it follows the manga moreso than the anime. Allegedly.

The Series 1 movie thats coming right? care to go into detail?

Medabots re-imagined in a form more fitting for the modern fan!

It's hilarious reading through the thread then reaching post #185.

1436478987480.png

I'm interested in Metabots again guys.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Problem is with the fact I have a PS4 now, I'd rather go for the console version of certain games over the slightly downgraded Vita version. Granted, there's still some games I'd rather get on Vita, like VN-style games like Danganronpa or Steins;Gate, or games that feel better as short-burst plays.

I will say, as always with Sony consoles, 3rd party support was great, especially with companies localizing titles (still waiting for Xseed to bring over Net High & Uppers).

I remember the Metabots show on Fox, but I never actually played the games. Might've had a few of the toys, since I remember you could customize them.

I'm so confused with how much the AgK anime covers of the manga, it starts going into non canon with stuff from the manga rearranged and spliced in

Seda

I'm so confused with how much the AgK anime covers of the manga, it starts going into non canon with stuff from the manga rearranged and spliced in

Is that uncommon for anime? I think we've seen a few gecko endings on Toonami that do something similar (like Soul Eater).

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Save Tatsumi huh? Well Sentai I got news for you...

(spoilers duh)
HE DIES! AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Yeah I read the Wikipedia summaries. Still living in the manga, but on a countdown.

Line_HTX

Yeah, at this point I don't care anymore. This whole series was dumb to begin with, and from what I hear the manga is not much better.

Not a good story overall. Only entertaining to laugh at.

These last episodes don't even have any of that vintage edge. They're trying to make us feel for these characters.
3F08rcB.gif

This show should have just been about her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom