• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

I mean, it seems obvious that "Georgie" is intentionally conspicuous as heck, and the overdone accent works there.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Those record scratches are wiggity-wiggity-wack, yo.

Sure hope most of us were part of the first ####, ToonamiGAF needs to represent via shirt &/or pin.

Crocodile

Eating till you're sick sounds miserable :(

Anyway, WEEABO ALERT :p

Hmm...sorry, can't even agree that the characters in AgK are worse when not a single one of those featured in M&H was in any way entertaining, or even interesting to me in any capacity, beyond Hatchin. Before the show started going completely off the rails for its gecko ending, I could certainly say that AgK handled its action scenes well the majority of the time.

I will also admit that I'm being far harsher on M&H because I expected to hate AgK and love M&H, whereas I instead found the former to be (very) flawed, yet still entertaining in its absurdity, while M&H is a meandering pile of nothing that couldn't be more dull and more of a waste of time compared to similar "random misadventures threaded together loosely by a central plot" shows (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Space Dandy) that came before or after it. Neither the journey nor the destination were in any way worth it.

Bro (who has been dead for ages), Lubba, Leone and "Justice" all have their moments but all the other characters are just generic-incarnate (well so are the other 4 I mentioned to be honest). Like black-holes of character. There's nothing there. Michiko, Satoshi, Atsuko, etc. may all be "bad" people in one respect or another but there is plenty of characterization going on there. Hell even M&H had excellent action sequences so I don't think that is something AgK has over that show. I'd agree that most action sequences in AgK were at least passable but very few are ones I'd call exceptional or memorable. I can understand how different expectations can color how one ends up enjoying a show in the end plus personal preferences are a thing - I just really can't see how on any objective level AgK does anything better than M&H.

ckohler

Can Fuu's cosmos stomach fit the meat dimension inside it?

rpppa3mnngm1ksqbfbft.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom