• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

This episode is a weird mix of tackling issues of xenophobia and homophobia. Why can't humanity just get along :(

Also, how did that hairstyle of like cutting/pulling away all the hair on top of your head, tying it in a head knot and separating the hair to the sides catch on in Japan. I've always thought it was super dumb :/

Korigama

Bro (who has been dead for ages), Lubba, Leone and "Justice" all have their moments but all the other characters are just generic-incarnate (well so are the other 4 I mentioned to be honest). Like black-holes of character. There's nothing there. Michiko, Satoshi, Atsuko, etc. may all be "bad" people in one respect or another but there is plenty of characterization going on there. Hell even M&H had excellent action sequences so I don't think that is something AgK has over that show. I'd agree that most action sequences in AgK were at least passable but very few are ones I'd call exceptional or memorable. I can understand how different expectations can color how one ends up enjoying a show in the end plus personal preferences are a thing - I just really can't see how on any objective level AgK does anything better than M&H.
Ultimately, I consider this all very subjective, much like with most of the shows aired as part of the lineup. I wouldn't expect my liking for what did work for me with AgK to be measured objectively any more than my disdain for M&H (that highway chase aside, I can't really remember much of anything about most of its action sequences, which otherwise didn't come across as particularly distinctive or memorable in their execution to me).

Something like GXP, however, was terrible enough for me to have no problem declaring it as objectively bad.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
enjoy-scratching.gif

Seda

With these last few episodes, this show is a bit sillier than I expected. But not without some actual interest mixed in, too.

ckohler

Loved the episode. I liked that Japanese xenophobia was addressed.

Now, time for the quality of the block to drop dramatically for the next thirty minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom