• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

It's even harder to care about Bleach now that Space Dandy is before it.

reading some animeGAF impressions makes my brain hurt. How is the dub bad? I thought that shit was perfectly delivered, especially Dandy and the Narrator.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They've been advertising the fuck out of Space Dandy on regular adult swim; I've been keeping it on during the night to drown out the sound of all the air cleaners here.

It's so funny to me that toonami goes from a high like Space Dandy to a low like Bleach. Eh, not my show I guess. I did like Space Dandy though. I'll have to look up the uncut opening and closing though.

Amikami

Banned
me too. i just hope the boobs didn't turn people off. not sure how your average Adult Swim viewer takes that sorta thing

Umm. I'm pretty sure the adult swim crowd will do just fine. It was a bit of a turn off for me but I hope that it will not be a major thing overall.

So what's the deal with Momo. Why is she always hurt and so sickly looking. Do people just have it out for her?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
In the case of Bleach it is alright to hate the dub because the actors have long since stopped giving a shit.

Back to Dandy, the comedy really fell flat for me. I literally did not crack a smile until QT beamed that alien into the ship and got smacked around. The first half of the show was eh and the whole 'boobies' angle just felt really juvenile to me.

However, the last 7 or so minutes were AMAZING. The animation is incredible, the visuals popped, the music was funky...it ended on a real high note. I'm looking forward to next week but I feel like some people here are simply caught up in the hype. I'll post a more detailed analysis tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom