• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Someone mentioned the robot sounding like Al from FMA and now I'm basically just envisioning him tagging along for this dumb ride

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Byakuya's voice actor not giving a fuck

"There can be only one!" You're right, I should be watching HIghlander

Kusagari

Anyone that's hoping the fanservice will go away will probably be extremely disappointed.

It's pretty obvious where Space Dandy's going with the tone and the excessive fanservice, with Dandy perving out like a complete loser while acting like a badass space hero, only helps cement its irreverence.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I know I posted this in Toonami GAF a few times but I have no idea what the fuck is going on in Bleach. I stopped reading right after Aizen was defeated. Is this before or after that?

This is a filler arc, just ignore it and use the time to play games or rewatch Dandy

Silky

Banned
Bleac--
6ogRSIs.png

I'll watch Shippuden afterwards.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
kayos likes SAO, Gucci likes Bleach, so who gives a single fuck what they think. Since they don't like it, it must be the greatest thing in the history of things.

Not sure why my tastes has anything to do with what I actually think of a show. I think both shows are mostly garbage still. I think a bit more of Dandy now because it doesn't use shitty still images for fights and has actual animation.

Trey

I got the Toy Story and T2 references, and I want to say the show also referenced Star Wars with the asteroid worm thing but that's a stretch.

Anything else?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Realtalk (Bleach manga spoilers)

Wrestler guy is probably the best character Kubo has created in a LONG time. A luchadore that's invincible as long as someone is cheering for him, that's amazing.

sonicmj1

I loved Space Dandy's music and animation, and there's a level where I appreciate the willingness to go all the way with their nonsense, but a lot of the humor (particularly in the first half) fell really flat. Not sure how on board I am.

Ultratech

Realtalk (Bleach manga spoilers)

Wrestler guy is probably the best character Kubo has created in a LONG time. A luchadore that's invincible as long as someone is cheering for him, that's amazing.

That's hilarious and amazing at the same time. lol

daveo42

Banned
I know I posted this in Toonami GAF a few times but I have no idea what the fuck is going on in Bleach. I stopped reading right after Aizen was defeated. Is this before or after that?

This is some sort of filler arc, since Kubo isn't the best at pacing the plot and focusing far too much on the fights.

thought is was a trend in some animes that the first episod doesnt ahve an opening to get a few minutes.

Kill la kill first epiode didnt have an opening

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
So Space Dandy had it's OP cut and replaced by jazz music

Bleach had it's completely cut

Space Dandy's makes sense (sadly) since its a 24 minute show.

Bleach is only 22.5 minutes though so Toonami is just being jerks. Hopefully it was only for the premiere night...

Naruto is only 22 minute WITH opening so if we don't get the full opening for that either we're getting super fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom