• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I still think that plot point is dumb. I assume a giant Akira-esque explosion just vaporized all of east Asia in the AoT universe.

I was just under the assumption that shit went wrong worldwide when the titans showed up, and in the post-apocalypse a group of people ended up taking refuge behind the walls. for all they know, they're the last humans out there, but it's just as possible there are other pockets of sort-of-safety elsewhere around the planet. there'd be no way of knowing.

If they're stuck behind these walls for generations somewhere in (I assume) the German countryside, it makes sense that there wouldn't be many Asian people there.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Are those jugs of sake? Goku drinking?
Not like it would effect him, he's already dead.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Even if they can't use phone lines how do you explain not using animals for communication? Ya know, something that has been around for thousands of years.

Telephones require an infrastructure, which obviously doesn't exist outside the walls. Carrier pigeons need to be trained to travel to locations, they can't find new ones on their own (in terms of communication).

This is why. There's a place in Staten Island that does carrier pigeons and they only go to certain places. It takes a lot of training and if they don't have access to those areas then they can't train them.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
You said that there might be some advanced civilization on an island. They wouldn't have invented cell phones? Or been smart enough to figure out a way to communicate with humans on land? I just find this all hard to believe but then again, it's just an anime..
Communication requires both populations to have similar technology capacities and language. It doesn't matter how many cell phones they have if the main Attack on Titan city has none.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
You said that there might be some advanced civilization on an island. They wouldn't have invented cell phones? Or been smart enough to figure out a way to communicate with humans on land? I just find this all hard to believe but then again, it's just an anime..

cell phones are like

the least likely form of communication.

now, if you want to say "somebody could have a shortwave radio set up somewhere", then fine, but there still has to be somebody on the other end with the same tech to receive the signal

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
You see that bruise over Gohan's eye?
The CW version painted an eye over it. Make him looked deformed and freaky.

P437VDa.jpg

Never forget.

Squishy3

cell phones are like

the least likely form of communication.

now, if you want to say "somebody could have a shortwave radio set up somewhere", then fine, but there still has to be somebody on the other end with the same tech to receive the signal
what if that's what's in the basement. cell phones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom