• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
*looks up Shippuden episode guide* Oh, that's started...
The announced Chunin Exam filler arc started. The anime is probably a year off from finishing at that rate

MikeMyers

Everyone take your shot of adrenaline now.

latest

pirata

You so sure about that?
kill173rpj2d.jpg

Hey, like I said, I only saw like two-and-a-half episodes. Maybe there is a lot more sexy dude stuff in there, as well. But that doesn't negate the fact that there is a whole lot of sexualized teenage girl otaku-bait shit in KlK that grossed me the fuck out (in the way that most current anime does these days, except that Kill La Kill stands out as a show that might be pretty cool if didn't have all the gross otaku sex shit).

Hey, could other people chime in? Does Kill la Kill sexualize male characters to the same degree that it does female characters? Is any of this sex stuff add to the show in any way beyond the prurient interest? Is the age of the characters and how they are represented sexually bothersome to anyone else?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Hey, should we put this bump before Family Guy or something?"

"NAAAAAAAAAAAH, makes more sense to do it before Inuyasha."

Moaradin

Hey, like I said, I only saw like two-and-a-half episodes. Maybe there is a lot more sexy dude stuff in there, as well. But that doesn't negate the fact that there is a whole lot of sexualized teenage girl otaku-bait shit in KlK that grossed me the fuck out (in the way that most current anime does these days, except that Kill La Kill stands out as a show that might be pretty cool if didn't have all the gross otaku sex shit).

Hey, could other people chime in? Does Kill la Kill sexualize male characters to the same degree that it does female characters? Is any of this sex stuff add to the show in any way beyond the prurient interest? Is the age of the characters and how they are represented sexually bothersome to anyone else?

Every character is naked at some point. I get what you're saying, but in Kill la Kill's case, that is literally the point of the show. I can't go more without going into spoilers, but if you took out the nudity in Kill la Kill then it isn't the same show.

By the end of the series the female fanservice is invisible. Like by episode 5 I didnt even notice they were half naked.

The male fanservice is super noticeable all the way through though since its always used for comedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom