• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
MGS is a super fun series filled with greatness.

Prime was good, not *amazing*, as I played it last year, soo I was kinda late to the joy that it was? Minus corruption, I played corruption launch day.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
For once I am interested in what the top of the show banter is going to be on Toonami.

I do think this change is for the better. Maybe claw back 11:30 and 3:30 one day. That seems like the perfect length to me if you can't have good premieres/good repeats for 6.5 hours.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
MGS is a super fun series filled with greatness.

Prime was good, not *amazing*, as I played it last year, soo I was kinda late to the joy that it was? Minus corruption, I played corruption launch day.

Prime was mind blowing when it launched, if you played it today you probably wouldn't get it. Sort of like with OoT, today it's pretty standard but back then it was a light in the darkness.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I do think this change is for the better. Maybe claw back 11:30 and 3:30 one day. That seems like the perfect length to me if you can't have good premieres/good repeats for 6.5 hours.

It will probably happen sooner then thought since the comedy never sticks.

Tf2, BioShock, and CSGO are the only games I'd see compete for it.

Honestly only Bioshock would be worthy of having a serious discussion with CoD4:MW and I think I'd edge out MW over it. Both games have incredible single player campaigns at the time of their release each with a big stand out OH WOW scene
The nuke scene in MW and Would You Kindly in Bioshock
but MW also has the added edge of it's multiplayer which pretty much redefined FPS multiplayer for years.

Also I missed that it was just PS2/GC/Xbox/DC generation, yeah then I'd give GotG to Resident Evil 4, then Metroid Prime even if I think MP is the better game of the two.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This time last year for repeats we had:

Inuyasha
Naruto Uncut
Star Wars:Clone Wars (technically a premiere)
Beware the Batman (also a premiere)
Symbionic Titan
IGPX
GITS SAC
FLCL
FMA:B
Samurai Jack

and Bleach was ending, they were renegotiating Bebop, and we learned that Space Dandy would probably become the next GITS.

by the end of the year it was basically Bebop HD, Dandy, IGPX, GITS, Samurai Jack. All besides Jack had been run at least three times. Can't fill three hours with four shows over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom