• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Had a dream that I missed Toonami tonight.

Glad to see that's not the case... Yet.

You can miss tonight, no big deal. Only thing of note is missing THE BEST EPISODE OF 2ND GID.

You can also miss next week, KlK takes a bit to get going.

HOWEVER

You CAN NOT MISS NARUTO SHIPPUDEN in two weeks.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Tonight's One Piece is pretty good as well IIRC.

One Piece is amazing every week. Reason I never bother ranking the shows is that it takes something truly special like a great episode of Bebop or FLCL for it to not automatically be number one.

ckohler

But I can't miss
the epic fight tonight between Saisuke and Naruto!

j6sjHeZ.jpg

I'm actually interested in seeing this play out as long as they don't just stare at each other for 24 minutes.

Seda

It's the start of HD!

And a filler arc that will last until the weather is warm out or beyond, depending on what part of the country you live in!

Episodes 54,55,56 are largely canon with mixed in filler. Then 57-70 are pure filler.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I also can't get sloppy. It's Non-Canon™ material. Filler connotes inferiority, which Naruto Non-Canon™ material doesn't deserve the reputation of.

Jarate

Banned

Ping Pong #1 BABY

Space Dandy #2 mean we're full on good taste

Honestly, so glad they are in the lead, 2 best shows by far this year

If Ping Pong beats Space Dandy...

Ping Pong is a beast of a show, prolly one of the best character dramas anime ever released.

It's animation style is also superb

wonder what the Japanese would pick?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
also the filler arc kinda sorta 'preps' the following canon arc

It's funny, I know I've seen at least the first two episodes of the next arc despite not seeing the last ten episodes or so of this arc in any of my three previous attempts. After that the next Shippuden I know I've seen is most of the middle of the arc after it when it was dubbed and I found it on at 2am on Disney XD.

Seda

To be fair, those are shows that got people to come in, put them at #1 and not vote for anything else.

Right, to pull off the snark, I know there are a lot of people in AnimeGAF that are discerning in their tastes and insightful in their impressions and critical in their judgement.

I just tend to avoid rankings and polls if I can help it. For example, I am a big RPG guy but I don't even step foot into the NeoGAF Essential RPG thread because people get way too invested and hung-up on arbitrary placement. There's also this level of elitism that is annoying too.

edit People were getting upset at the GOTY rankings too (some were even claiming conspiracy). are you serious

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzS8_Fgog20Da5E

So our last night in a while where we need to see 5AM together, eh? It might be nice to get sleep, but, err... OhTheFeels.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So was talking Toonami with an online friend & DBZ Kai came up. So right now, we would've been on episode TWENTY of the original series?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't care about consensus rankings most of the time...but GOTY going to MGS4 and then it winning the revote has never set right with me.

Did they even play the game? It's somewhere between mediocre at best and a game that nearly ruined a franchise.

Grexeno

I don't care about consensus rankings most of the time...but GOTY going to MGS4 and then it winning the revote has never set right with me.

Did they even play the game? It's somewhere between mediocre at best and a game that nearly ruined a franchise.
Don't look now, but MGS3 is probably going to win GOTG.

Over Resident Evil 4 and Metroid Prime.

I think GAF might love MGS more than actual MGS fan communities.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
MGS 3 love I can understand. That game is a priceless gem. That versus RE4/Metroid Prime at least makes sense. I'd personally pick RE4 ever so slightly above MGS3.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Don't look now, but MGS3 is probably going to win GOTG.

Over Resident Evil 4 and Metroid Prime.

I think GAF might love MGS more than actual MGS fan communities.

You've gotta be kidding me, how is Metroid Prime not going to win that? It's damn near the undisputed game of that entire decade.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
When it comes to Prime, it was a limited print game on Wii and just came out on Wii U.

RE4? I couldn't tell you. It's honest to god the best put together action/horror game there is and set the standard for TPS games. It was also released on all three systems last generation and the PS2, so the GCN excuse doesn't fly for that one.

I'm not even sure if MGS3 would rank in my top 10 of the generation. I'll admit I'm not the biggest MGS fan despite owning and having played most of the games. If the award is for the single best game it'd probably be Metroid Prime, but if for the one I think bets defined the generation that'd be Resident Evil 4 or Call of Duty Modern Warfare.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
...isn't COD4 from the Wii PS360 generation?

and are we not talking about games such as RE4, MGS3, and Metroid Prime from the PS2 era?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom