• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
WARNING SOME VERY MILD SPOILERS FOR DBZ

JvzTlIv.jpg

I feel like "Pokemon meets Pulp Fiction" is begging to be the best out-of-context back-of-the-box quote in history

"POKEMON MEETS PULP FICTION" -The Wall Street Journal

Pokemon meets Pulp Fiction

a description created by someone who has seen neither, apparently.

"'Pika' motherfucker do you say it?!"

"Does he look like a Boy or a Girl?!"

"Go into the bag and grab my PokeDex. It's the one that says 'Bad Motherfucker'."

I could do this all night

Crocodile

My AOTY Vote. I feel like I'm missing something though for the 10th slot :/ Might just upgrade an honorable mention. I think there are like 10 hours left to vote so do so if you care :p

I still haven't played Metal Gear Rising but the videos on Youtube do make it look pretty sweet. Also OST is of course godlike :)

My AOTY Vote. I feel like I'm missing something though for the 10th slot :/ Might just upgrade an honorable mention. I think there are like 10 hours left to vote so do so if you care :p

I still haven't played Metal Gear Rising but the videos on Youtube do make it look pretty sweet. Also OST is of course godlike :)

Just upgrade Kill La Kill you know you want to :p

Grexeno

You should definitely upgrade Mushishi.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*sigh* So I found out more about the study abroad in Japan program my college has. 2 weeks in May, 3-credit course, & one of the classes would be learning history and visiting different ancient castles and such. Well cool, sounds awesome.

.......the problem is it'd cost about $4,000....& I'm pretty sure I don't qualify for most of the scholarships...2nd time in life I've been offered the chance, but couldn't do it.

Oh well. I guess to get back on topic, can't wait to see the Kill la Kill promo tonight.

I'd just upgrade Parasyte because it has a really solid seven episode run before the problems begin.

Raxus

This the most I have been watching this season and I am only watching 7 anime

Assassination Classroom
JoJo
Shirobako
Durarara
Parasyte
Gundam Build Fighters Try
Aldnoah Zero

I am also watching the Naruto filler which is proving to be rather entertaining. ManGod obviously has done his homework on Filler since it is now better than the main storyline!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, the Saiyans have arrived so it's time to rumble, speaking of rumbling Team Kakashi finally goes toe-to-toe with Uchiha Sasuke, Naraku's back again to try to take Koga's shards again and take on Kikyo again, Kaku and Jabra show off their Devil Fruit abilities, Simon adjusts to prison life with his co-inmate Viral while Rossiu learns just how effective his plans will be, it's Woodpecker vs. Crow in the arena of the Carnival Corpse, Attack on Titan is gone again because fuck you, Yamamoto is left standing against Aizen but Aizen has a trick or two up his sleeve to deal with even him, QT has a thing for the local barista, Bebop reminds us of its greatness as it sings a ballad for fallen angels, we tuck ourselves in with the Major as 2nd GIG takes us to Taiwan, and IGPX drives us out with who gives a shit.

11:30 - Dragonball Z Kai - 9 - Yamcha's Struggle! The Terrible Saibamen!
12:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 52 - The Power of Uchiha
12:30 - Inuyasha: The Final Act - 8 - Among the Twinkling Stars
1:00 - One Piece - 286 - Devil Fruit Powers! Kaku and Jabra Transform!
1:30 - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - 20 - How Far Will God Test Us?
2:00 - Deadman Wonderland - 5 - Carnival Corpse
2:30 - Bleach - 294 - Impossible to Attack? The Sealed Genryuusai
3:00 - Space Dandy - 13 - Even Vaccuum Cleaners Fall in Love, Baby!
3:30 - Cowboy Bebop (Uncut) - 5 - Ballad of Fallen Angels
4:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - 17 - RED DATA
4:30 - IGPX - 5 - Come Together

I'll make it my mission to watch the whole block tonight, since this is probably the last time Toonami will ever be this long.

Looking at the AOTY thread makes me think people believe Space Dandy was way more uneven than it actually was

Space Dandy was better than half of the generic animu that came out last year. They take great offense to that. :p

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I found Dandy to be the most bold and experimental of the anime that aired last year, even moreso then Ping Pong, which tried at time to pass off plain old bad art as an abstract masterpiece.

Crocodile

Upgraded Terror in Resonance. All the honorable mentions had issues but I think the parts where TiR actually succeeded put it above the other honorable mentions.

Deciding if I want to swap Barakamon and Bahamut Genesis in the 20 minutes I have left

Looking at the AOTY thread makes me think people believe Space Dandy was way more uneven than it actually was

Yeah it's actually REALLY annoying :/

"Space Dandy? Fuck that shit! Now Cross-Ange, that's an anime :)"

*BARFS*

Moaradin

HxH is at such a disadvantage, it sucks :/

Most people that see it rate it very highly but since it's a longer show, most people aren't going to watch it before voting ends unlike something like Ping Pong.

HxH is at such a disadvantage, it sucks :/

Most people that see it rate it very highly but since it's a longer show, most people aren't going to watch it before voting ends unlike something like Ping Pong.

Well that and most of the anime gaf aoty votes don't seem to care much for long running shonen.

daveo42

Banned
I might actually show up to watch this week if I don't fall asleep early again.

It did have a few episodes that were just okay, but not near as many as people think. I don't even think there was a bad episode, just some I'd rather not rewatch.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It did have a few episodes that were just okay, but not near as many as people think. I don't even think there was a bad episode, just some I'd rather not rewatch.
I feel the same way. Even the "worse" episode (that underpants/vests war) isn't as terrible as we make it out to be, it's just rather "meh" when you compare it to other episodes that're rather great.

Season 1 is rather mixed, & even certain episodes are considered mixed as well. I want to rewatch S2 because it felt like that season was overall MUCH better, but it's going to be a while before that happens, it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom