• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Tonight's episode of Inuyasha was brought to you by the letter EEEEEEEEEEEEEE, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Kinda the feels, guys. I'm pretty sure i've been watching Inuyasha and Kikyo's biz for almost half of my life. Kinda nostalgic and bittersweet to be seeing her go for good this time. Time for One Piece.

It's the same problem Orihime in Bleach has
She's far too OP so Kubo writes ways to make sure she's only a healer or she's out of commission or stuff so stupid it hurts.

Yeah and more recently the show Chika the coffin princess had this issue too with
Frederica, a dragoon who the main character could either contract with to become super powerful OR she could go dragon form and stomp things... she's either never around or gets ganked from behind so that she can't do anything

thetechkid

It's the same problem Orihime in Bleach has
She's far too OP so Kubo writes ways to make sure she's only a healer or she's out of commission or stuff so stupid it hurts.

Orihime can't just heal people during fights, that would be stupid. She can't use her powers, what kinda thing is that for someone to do?

Raxus

I would feel kind of sad for Kikyo dying if they didn't pull this card 3-4 times before. It is a shame since the death scene is relative well done and a nice capper to a really well paced episode.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I'm sure there's a technical name for it, but this is basically the trope of "our character has an OP ability so lets write conveniences so that they can't simply solve the plot on their own"
Miroku
Orihime
Nico Robin

I think only Naruto embraces it's overpowered characters, frequently to the story's detriment.

ckohler

I would feel kind of sad for Kikyo dying if they didn't pull this card 3-4 times before. It is a shame since the death scene is relative well done and a nice capper to a really well paced episode.

I didn't see those other deaths so maybe that's why I found this rather moving tonight.

Actually this was her plan all along. She stole the groups shards to do just that.
I mean back at like 50%ish when they really get after him and he starts creating incarnations. If it just takes touching a pure shard, ever...

I know that's the endgame since they lack any other options now but why put this off?
R.I.P Kikyo. You couldn't move your body and died but you were still more useful than Sakura
Ice cold... accurate.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think I would've felt an actual emotion if this was done closer to the end of the series, like the semi-final or last episode.

...also if Kikyo didn't already die or "nah I didn't die but I almost did" a few times.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Miroku
Orihime
Nico Robin

I think only Naruto embraces it's overpowered characters, frequently to the story's detriment.

Robin's only really situationally OP.

Miroku and Orihime are just OP OP if they weren't constantly stupidly nerfed, especially Orihime.

I think I would've felt an actual emotion if this was done closer to the end of the series, like the semi-final or last episode.

The issue is they've "killed" Kikyo like 5 times up to this point, I think had this scene been the only death of Kikyo scene it would have caused more emotion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom