• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Soooo according to what I'm reading, she's dead for really real now.
It's hard to feel anything because she "died" so many times before.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I guess they just wanted to forget that she was a forced abomination inhabiting a clay body and was feeding off the souls of the living.

30458320480th time is the charm, apparently.

Is there some reason they couldn't have run this purified shard scheme from, like, the beginning? If it's such a fundamental principle of how it works it probably would have come up before... the darkness of it had several times, at least.

Why can't miroku just threw himself at someone and suck them up point blank?

I'm sure there's a technical name for it, but this is basically the trope of "our character has an OP ability so lets write conveniences so that they can't simply solve the plot on their own"

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
SO how many times has Kikiyo died now?

Technically? Twice. 50 years ago and now.

She only came close to dying a few times in the series up to this point, not actually dying. The usual "if you don't see a body she's probably fine" rule.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
30458320480th time is the charm, apparently.

Is there some reason they couldn't have run this purified shard scheme from, like, the beginning? If it's such a fundamental principle of how it works it probably would have come up before... the darkness of it had several times, at least.
Actually this was her plan all along. She stole the groups shards to do just that.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm sure there's a technical name for it, but this is basically the trope of "our character has an OP ability so lets write conveniences so that they can't simply solve the plot on their own"

It's the same problem Orihime in Bleach has
She's far too OP so Kubo writes ways to make sure she's only a healer or she's out of commission or stuff so stupid it hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom