• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Piece is too silly to be the Next DBZ. DBZs humor was pretty downplayed here in America...which is why BOTG caught some people by surprise when it wasn't just yelling and fighting and more wacky hiijynx.

Its why Dragon Ball did not take off and DBZ did

Dragon Ball didn't take off because it was a prequel. Who wants to go from badass super saiyans to Master Roshi being one of the strongest characters? I don't think DB's lack of popularity had anything to do with it being more comedic.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
i forgot just how many fucking characters Chris Sabat voices

It's actually not as bad as original DBZ.
If you look up the Dragon Ball Wiki, you can see all the cast changes and see how many characters Sabat played. It's nuts.

Mik317

Dragon Ball didn't take off because it was a prequel. Who wants to go from badass super saiyans to Master Roshi being one of the strongest characters? I don't think DB's lack of popularity had anything to do with it being more comedic.

But Dragon Ball came and aired first IIRC....

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Dragon Ball actually was introduced and failed twice here in the USA, only getting a proper run after DBZ became the biggest anime around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom