• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grexeno

In Japan Deadman aired at the same time as the tsunami/earthquake disaster which basically killed it's momentum. Nobody wants to watch an anime where a natural disaster causes lots of people to die when a natural disaster has just killed lots of people.
It always seems like random Pokemon episodes are never made because an earthquake hits Japan and some Pokemon just happened to use Earthquake in the episode.

Line_HTX

Man, I don't know why I stopped watching this when it first aired along with Casshern Sins.

ONE! SOMETHING'S GOT TO GIVE!

TWO! SOMETHING'S GOT TO GIVE!

NOW!!

In the manga that guy doesn't die on spikes, here is what happens in the manga when the warden confronts him about cheating

LCiR5oS.png

Is it me or do her breasts look smaller in the manga?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so seriously that girl is weird

and it's weird that everybody in the show kind of treats her like an annoying mascot or something instead of another prisoner

is she like a weird experiment or like an android or some shit?

like everyone just kind of accepts that she exists and then rolls their eyes when she gets annoying to them and that's it

like maybe they take a swing at her but then she gets protected by the warden?

So how is Attack on Titan so much more popular than Deadman when they're sorta the same show? Zombies?

how are they remotely the same show?

regarding Bleach:
so there are a bunch of characters I see that weren't in the beginning of Bleach and weren't at the end

did they just introduce a bunch of dudes and kill them off or are they filler characters or what?

Honestly if you guys liked the Deadman Wondreland anime you really should read the manga, it's really good and the anime has already changed/edited a lot probably to make a more conclusive 12 episode anime.

so seriously that girl is weird

and it's weird that everybody in the show kind of treats her like an annoying mascot or something instead of another prisoner

is she like a weird experiment or like an android or some shit?

like everyone just kind of accepts that she exists and then rolls their eyes when she gets annoying to them and that's it

like maybe they take a swing at her but then she gets protected by the warden?

Unless you want MASSIVE SPOILERS you should probably just wait and see

Crocodile

What was Kubo smoking when he thought this "form" or anything that's about to happen with Tousen was a good idea art-wise or writing wise?

Seda

regarding Bleach:
so there are a bunch of characters I see that weren't in the beginning of Bleach and weren't at the end

did they just introduce a bunch of dudes and kill them off or are they filler characters or what?

Bleach is quite notorious for introducing a bucketfull of new characters in each major arc, who are eventually killed or forgotten.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
regarding Bleach:

Kind of the opposite. The characters you saw near the end were more of the fillery variety. That arc is canon but has little to do with anything.

What's airing on Toonami now was kind of the climax of all the canon arcs that had led up to this point.

What was Kubo smoking when he thought this "form" or anything that's about to happen with Tousen was a good idea art-wise or writing wise?

Tousen was clearly not meant to be a bad guy, but when Kubo gave his villain the power to hypnotize people who SAW his ability he realized he fucked up and had to make the blind guy a villain. It's really the only way my brain can accept this as Tousen is by far the most poorly written part of Bleach and that's saying a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom