• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I've always found it interesting how much Kubo likes fox dude. He always gives him more character development than anyone else despite his lack of popularity.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Tousen was clearly not meant to be a bad guy, but when Kubo gave his villain the power to hypnotize people who SAW his ability he realized he fucked up and had to make the blind guy a villain. It's really the only way my brain can accept this as Tousen is by far the most poorly written part of Bleach and that's saying a lot.
Eh, I think he was meant to be on Aizen's side as Aizen was an advocate for change in the corrupt SS.

Tousen is the first Bleach character to die, right?

:p

Didn't Ulquiorra already get killed by this point? I'm pretty sure he's the first major character to be permanently killed, before then lots of minor arracar die and people in back stories are dead/we see die in flash backs

Crocodile

Bleach Soundtrack continues to be one of the few good things about it

Let me explain my powers to the bad guy I'm sure this can't POSSIBLY back fire

I REALLY wish shonen characters would stop doing that. I get its for the sake of the readers but its WAY more interesting and makes more sense in-narrative if its something the protagonists/readers are forced to figure out for themselves.

Tousen was clearly not meant to be a bad guy, but when Kubo gave his villain the power to hypnotize people who SAW his ability he realized he fucked up and had to make the blind guy a villain. It's really the only way my brain can accept this as Tousen is by far the most poorly written part of Bleach and that's saying a lot.

Having Tousen as an ally of Aizen made sense to me and seemed cool at the time but its something you have to actually think through and not half-ass which is obviously too much for Kubo. Blind villains are a dime a dozen in fiction WORLDWIDE. Kubo had a ton of reference material to work with if he wanted.

i just kinda figured he existed to pad out Aizen's posse

Eh, I think he was meant to be on Aizen's side as Aizen was an advocate for change in the corrupt SS.

Having Tousen as an ally of Aizen made sense to me and seemed cool at the time but its something you have to actually think through and not half-ass which is obviously too much for Kubo. Blind villains are a dime a dozen in fiction WORLDWIDE. Kubo had a ton of reference material to work with if he wanted.

i just kinda figured he existed to pad out Aizen's posse

I understand and agree with these things, but as you said he's written so poorly after his heel twist even by Bleach's standards. It's mind boggling just how awful his entire character arc is as a villain, he might as well have been killed by Ichigo in the SS arc

I will say him being killed because he stops using his senses and relies on his eyes is the only decent thing about his entire villain arc, it's a shame everything up to this is so bad.

Seda

Really Shinji?

You probably haven't played many video game HAVE YOU

That's what you go with when you charge to attack?

Crocodile

The only time explaining your power to the enemy is cool is when you are lying or being misleading to the point that the opponent thinks they know how your power works but they don't know shit or jump to the wrong conclusions which in fact causes them to lose. How many times has that happened in fiction?

The only time explaining your power to the enemy is cool is when you are lying or being misleading to the point that the opponent thinks they know how your power works but they don't know shit or jump to the wrong conclusions which in fact causes them to lose. How many times has that happened in fiction?

Or when the bad guy does it because they are so OP they can stomp and they know it

MSgZL.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

It happens in Bleach, actually. It's how Aizen's plan initially works in the first place. He told everyone that his powers were something totally different from what they actually are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom