• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So Parasyte is basically a superhero show, and I cannot think of a single superhero anything that's better when half the series is spent hiding the secret from the people closest to the main character.

Can he really tell her his mother is dead?

Isn't that, on the records at least, just a case of her disappearing? Telling her would force him to weave a complex web of lies to keep her from knowing the true nature of her death ..

Could tell hr that his mother is missing though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That is not the problem, the problem is the repetition leading to nowhere.
Exactly, it's gotten to the point it feels like that's all her character is, just "HEY SHINICHI YOU OKAY, IS IT REALLY YOU?!"

If she was developed better, I think people would be willing to put up with it. Her concern is legit since she cares for him, but that feels like all she ever does is question if he's okay & such.

You guys are too hard on Murano. She has legit complaints and Shinichi is a total dumbass. How dare a girl worry about the person she loves! Sheesh. Time for Samurai Champloo.

At this point, she should just give Shinichi some space. It doesn't help that the way she tries to talk to him is very awkward and repetitive.

f038780454c5c8147dce70cc81af6d68-1.gif~c200

Ah yeah this song too good

Seda

I didn't think that most of this episode was too bad. Shinichi was going to been seen by a human sooner or later, and the drama between Migi wanting to kill the onlooker and Shinichi trying to return his humanity is perhaps a bit expected but I thought it was working alright. It's one of those things that doesn't have an obvious solution. Shinichi exclaiming "What the hell do I do?" is not an empty question, what is he supposed to do at that point?

And Murano, despite being generally poorly written, was asking the question that needed to be asked.

But that ending just killed it. bleh

Raxus

I didn't think that most of this episode was too bad. Shinichi was going to been seen by a human sooner or later, and the drama between Migi wanting to kill the onlooker and Shinichi trying to return his humanity is perhaps a bit expected but I thought it was working alright. It's one of those things that doesn't have an obvious solution. Shinichi exclaiming "What the hell do I do?" is not an empty question, what is he supposed to do at that point?

And Murano, despite being generally poorly written, was asking the question that needed to be asked.

But that ending just killed it. bleh

Yeah. It is another low moment. Bright side is things begin to ramp up for the better with the detective story arc taking center stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom