• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mik317

you did not earn that show.

They legit just started to not hate each other two episodes ago.

no bad show...bad show.

go think about what you have done

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
1081.gif

So let me tell you all how stupid the thing with Budo is, and not just here but on a meta level.

Minor manga spoilers in case anyone cares:
when this episode aired, they were right in the middle of this event where Tatsumi was trying to escape. Mine had just fired off a super powerful blast from Pumpkin which pushed Budo back and the chapter ended, but no one thought he was dead. So when the next chapter came out after the anime ended, we were right, Budo barely had a scratch on him. So one of the most powerful characters in the series doesn't get killed by a relatively weak one. Crisis averted!

But then, a few chapters later, Mine DOES push the Pumpkin to its limit and manages to kill Budo. So the anime predicted it. Only difference is she's in a coma instead of dead.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh good, now I won't have to hear people on the Toonami Faithful podcast keep talking about how Mine has "no chest but has a booty to back it up"

ckohler

Bye Mine. I sorta liked you because I have a thing for tsundere characters I guess. Still, the edge cuts deep in that episode it was hilarious.

Time for Parasyte!

Mizerman

This romance is like trying to throw a dart and a target and somehow missing and hitting your foot instead.

And that still would be preferable compared to...this.

you did not earn that show.

They legit just started to not hate each other two episodes ago.

no bad show...bad show.

go think about what you have done

Indeed.

At the very least, it was more developed in the manga.

Mik317

again this is my problem with shows where the "hook" is "anybody can die yoooo"...it generally translates to a bunch of poorly develop characters getting bodied and the author expects you to give a fuck.

Death should be a big deal if you want your audience to feel stuff....

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
People really said that? Dear lord...so glad I never listened to that podcast then.
In all fairness, it's ONE guy mainly doing it, but if he's not talking about that, it's a reference to La Blue Girl or Bible Black.

But yes, when most of the recap of Akame ga Kill is talking about Mine having booty & Esdeath being "his waifu", it starts getting really annoying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom