• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
So why is this episode so bad?
It's essentially the turning point of Naruto that made it go from "bad" to "irredeemably awful", though it won't be fully apparent for a while.

Everything horrible that happens from now on literally traces back to Tobi's chat with Sasuke.

Ray Down

Banned
Akatsuki kinda sorta wants to hit the cosmic reset button and end war forever....

Ignoring what it later became and how dumb it was originally, wasen't it originally to create a war machine where the villages have to relay on them since they had the Bijuus?

PixelatedBookake

If Itachi loved Sasuke so much, why did he trap him in that genjutsu that made him relieve the death of his family over and over again? Would a hero do that?!?!?!?!?

cntr

Banned
Ignoring what it later became and how dumb it was originally, wasen't it originally to create a war machine where the villages have to relay on them since they had the Bijuus?
Yeah, but it's that anime thing where the asspull is retconned as having been the real plan all along

Honestly, the part about Itachi actually being good didn't surprise me. It's just all the bullshit surrounding it that bothers me.

Itachi always acted odd. I even stopped and asked why he never killed anyone whenever he showed up and thought there was something up. Even Kisame at least wanted to chop off legs.

gwJ8rvF.gif

PixelatedBookake

Honestly, the part about Itachi actually being good didn't surprise me. It's just all the bullshit surrounding it that bothers me.

Itachi always acted odd. I even stopped and asked why he never killed anyone whenever he showed up and thought there was something up. Even Kisame at least wanted to chop off legs.

But I feel like some things Itachi did were worse than death. Like when he trapped Kakashi in that genjutsu that tortured him for what he perceived as three years.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

Itachi being good wasn't shocking. Kishimoto was rather obvious in setting it up. But likes most things in Naruto, Kishimoto had no plan for HOW it happened or HOW it would end up. And his attempts to answer all his plot threads in Shippuden turn out... Less than effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom