• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
"I kick ass for the Lord."

XAx2G80.gif

Still Peter Jackson's best movie.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Oh, yeah, people in Japan obviously know a lot of western stuff. But Jojo and My Hero Academia go a lot further than most.

Oda's pretty well read either way, though.
Jojo is pretty absurd but MHA fits in with a lot of other Shonen Jump series in terms of Western references

I mean, the man is like 15 foot tall also dressed like a bear. Also they just fought a giant monster dude. Paw pads on humans seem like the least weird thing on the island. lol at Kuma with that shade.

cntr

Banned
Forgot the Robin cats thing was in this episode, lol.
Jojo is pretty absurd but MHA fits in with a lot of other Shonen Jump series in terms of Western references
Specifically, MHA has a ton of Western comics references. Most of them aren't obvious unless you've read comics, but there's a shitton of them. Plus a bunch of Star Wars references.

(also Araki and Horikoshi's writing is heavily Western-influenced, which is the really rare bit)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Really though, the strength of a Devil Fruit lies within the user's imagination.

Someone dumber and weaker wouldn't think of pushing the air or some of his other tricks.

Crocodile

"Create a shockwave of air at light speed that can pierce anything"

Yeah I'm pretty sure that doesn't work by the laws of physics :p

Also if they move at lightspeed the shockwaves should be undodgeable

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
"Create a shockwave of air at light speed that can pierce anything"

Yeah I'm pretty sure that doesn't work by the laws of physics :p

Also if they move at lightspeed the shockwaves should be undodgeable

Also by default they'd be breaking the sound barrier, causing sonic booms every single time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom