• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one thinking it, but is Goku kinda... turning into Kirito for sheer jackassery and IDGAF temperament? Minus the harem of course. Kill me.

cntr

Banned
I like the Kid Pilaf Gang, they're nostalgic and cute

poor King Kai, lol

TIME FOR EXPOSITION

edit: "CAN'T WAIT TO MEET THIS GUY"

Whaaaat?! WHY?!

Basically Beerus does eventually find his way to Earth and Vegeta tries to do everything in his power to make sure he stays calm, even if it means embarrassing himself.

That's what made the scene so awesome because it was actually some legit good display of character development on Vegeta's side.

Crocodile

Jv8h6ex.gif

Here's Beerus!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Last time they said it would take an entire anime episode to get to King Kai's planet.

They were not wrong.

Moaradin

Lol I like how the Toonami next episode preview just showed the last few seconds of this episode. Toonami learning from Toei I see :p

Raxus

"OK guys, we got a BIG episode coming up"

"Right, let's give it to our B team"

"OK let's.....wait what?"

THAT episode is next week.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
now see, this was rather fun

helps that they brought back part of what made the OG DB fun in the first place.....even if they're in chibi mode.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Let's do the time warp again.

"OK guys, we got a BIG episode coming up"

"Right, let's give it to our B team"

"OK let's.....wait what?"

THAT episode is next week.

Thankfully it's the Blu-Ray version, but it still has a major stink on it.

Seriously Toei, first big fight of the series and you mess it up. Stop putting everything into Precure.

Basically Beerus does eventually find his way to Earth and Vegeta tries to do everything in his power to make sure he stays calm, even if it means embarrassing himself.

That's what made the scene so awesome because it was actually some legit good display of character development on Vegeta's side.
Not to mention Vegeta getting pissed as fuck cause Beerus smacks his bitch up.

Am I the only one thinking it, but is Goku kinda... turning into Kirito for sheer jackassery and IDGAF temperament? Minus the harem of course. Kill me.

Supposedly, Toriyama felt the Z interpretation of Goku was too "heroic" and this portrayal is supposed to be more accurate. I feel like they made Goku overly childish in Super and that's kind of my issue with it. Like I feel like even Luffy comes off as a more functioning adult in comparison.

Yeah, I remembering why I stopped watching Super after about episode 5.

I guess part of me also knew it would eventually hit Toonami too though.

Kaizer

Banned
Next week in the infamous "QUALITY" episode right? Will be interesting to see how they cleaned that up.

You know when I watched it the first time, I didn't really notice anything wrong, guess I was blissfully ignorant. But then I came online, saw all the screencaps, went back & rewatched and YIKES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom