• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Well I guess that is a pretty straight forward goal. MISSION COMPLETE

I guess we are moving onto the Phantom Troupe soon? They've been in the OP and ED for a while now

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
The rules of Heaven's Arena were known well in advance.

Did you want one of them to die? There's no way Gon could have won that (and that's what makes HxH great.)

Then honestly I'd prefer for Gon to get stomped more, rather than for there to have been some stupid referee shenaningans.

It was like the ending to a bad WWE pay per view.

Mik317

a worse show would have had Gon asspull out a win or have it be a 10-9 loss. Here he was outclassed for the most part.

This is probably the best part of the show in a sense....it avoids the shonen power creep and automatically greatest ever protag without going in the opposite direction.

Hope you guys liked Heaven's Arena. Only gets more crazy from here. Time for Naruto Shippuden.

I liked it more in anime form then in manga form. I could hardly remember anything from it re-visiting it here but it was a much better experience for what was essentionally just a really long training arc.

Also, Zushi getting treated like that did legitimately piss me off narrative wise. It probably shouldn't but it does.

Then honestly I'd prefer for Gon to get stomped more, rather than for there to have been some stupid referee shenaningans.

It was like the ending to a bad WWE pay per view.

That would actually, ironically enough, be out of character for Hisoka. His entire interest in Gon is the fact that he has potentially to be a worthy opponent so there would be no reason for him to go all out and try to like cripple the kid before he can reach his potential.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
That would actually, ironically enough, be out of character for Hisoka. His entire interest in Gon is the fact that he has potentially to be a worthy opponent so there would be no reason for him to go all out and try to like cripple the kid before he can reach his potential.

okay, but you can do that without having the referee give him like five extra points and have other characters point out that the ref was intentionally trying to end the fight early. It makes the viewer feel like they got cheated out of seeing the full fight, rather than making them feel like Hisoka is super strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom