• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
should I not watch Gundam until I go through the original shows, or does it not matter?

Time to watch kids get into huge mechs.

Sure that'll go fine.

should I not watch Gundam until I go through the original shows, or does it not matter?

It has references to other Gundam, mainly towards the end, but I think it can be enjoyed on its own.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Noticed how they don't show Swasitkas or mention words like "Third Reich" or "Nazi"?
Yeah the anime kind of censored all that, even in Japan. It's all in the manga though.
There's also the fact that in Eyes of Heaven, Stroheim is playable but they removed his default outfit because....well, he dressed up like a Nazi, which is a HUGE no-no in Germany.

pirata

This is 1938, which is generally considered the year before WWII in the West...but if you consider Japan's actions in Asia, the war started much, much earlier. In fact, it has been argued that WWI and WWII were actually one long war with a short cease-fire between them, since the fighting in Russia's and Turkey's civil wars continued into the '20s, and the early battles on the Asian theater started in the early '30s...

And that's it for Pirata's history corner for now...

There's also the fact that in Eyes of Heaven, Stroheim is playable but they removed his default outfit because....well, he dressed up like a Nazi, which is a HUGE no-no in Germany.

It's more than a no-no, it's illegal. You can be arrested for doing the Roman salute at the Nuernberg Colosseum, for instance, so don't joke around with that shit when in Germany.

ckohler

That episode went by fast. Lots happened. Great stuff.

oQqVJX4.jpg

Takashi

I'm not usually one of those "sub vs dub" folks, but as much as I tried liking Joseph's voice, I never was able to get used it.

Not that the voice actor didn't do a good job, I just feel it was miscast.

Noticed how they don't show Swasitkas or mention words like "Third Reich" or "Nazi"?
Yeah the anime kind of censored all that, even in Japan. It's all in the manga though.

Like whats the point, your already showing the Nazis even if they are not being named, might as well just commit.

Moaradin

Hopefully I won't be totally confused with Gundam Unicorn. The only Gundam shows I've seen seem to be all the alternative universe ones lol. Build Fighters, IBO, G Reco, etc.

They don't really need to mention it. All you gotta say is "German military", "1938", and "WWII" and everyone will get the gist of it.

Raxus

Completely different timeline. The events and terms like newtypes (think super pilots) should be easy to pick up on for new comers. You won't be running into Amuro or Char and crew.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I can't imagine Unicorn will be that confusing.

I should get around to watching the UC shows though.

cntr

Banned
Completely different timeline. The events and terms like newtypes (think super pilots) should be easy to pick up on for new comers. You won't be running into Amuro or Char and crew.
Er, no, this is definitely not a new timeline.

also wow that was sudden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom