• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.K.

I really wish the Blu-Rays of Unicorn weren't so expensive. I slacked off on getting them and now, it's $300-$400 to buy all seven.

I'm really confused right now. The only info that didn't go out the other ear so far is Zaku = Bad.

Looks pretty though.

I don't really think anything so far has been better than the first episode of IBO, outside the obvious budget differences.

You're watching the tail end of a franchise that was 30 years old at that point. Completely understandable.

Long story short:

Space colonists were forced into space by the elite on earth. Eventually one set of colonies, declared themselves the Principality of Zeon and revolted. They did really bad stuff like drop a colony on earth. 1/2 of the humanity died in war. They lose the war.

An ace named Char eventually becomes the leader of Zeon. He tried dropping a meteor on earth. His rival (Amuro, the protagonist from the first series) and him die while trying to push the meteor away.

This is 3 years later.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I shoulda added UC to that. Most of the UC main characters have really really stupid names.

Gundam in general has stupid names.
Just like Star Wars
Really, sci-fi in general has really dumb names to make things alien.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
People stop trying to figure out the entire plot and history and context with one episode. Most of this stuff you will figure out as the show moves along.

All you need to know is Space Colony and Earth had a huge war a huge amount of people died and tensions are still high.

Honestly surprised by the fact that there doesn't appear to be any My Little Pony art for this show, at least after a booru search. (There is art for other Gundams)

Yeah, not feeling this right now. IBO had the better first episode IMO. Doesn't help that I've had multiple issues in watching Unicorn on my end.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I like all the time spent in space suits and the breathing that goes along with it. It adds a sense of suspense to what should be a normal situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom