• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, don't expect to see too many natural ends here given that the original cuts were not suppose to end there.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Seems like kind of a slow burn, but I'm on board so far. The gorgeous animation helps.

cntr

Banned
I'd recommend watching Unicorn for the mecha fights and space scenes, because you aren't going to get anything better animated in those departments for a long while

So, this show is obviously an OVA that's been cut to fit a TV show.

So I've heard it has some sudden starts and stops.

That said, stuff should be more digestible next episode.

ckohler

Well, that was certainly a pretty show. Time to hunt.

Ysd4QOV.jpg

I know it's kinda unfair since I've never seen any mainline UC stuff, but that was a really confusing episode. The animation is very beautiful though and I still plan on sticking with it.

Unicorn does a pretty good job of filling in the gaps for people new to UC, but I think part of the problem with this edited version. Alot of the stuff you're confused about gets explained a little later in OVA 1.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt confused. I feared I just wasn't paying attention enough or something.

Not gonna lie, if I wasn't working the night shift, I might've fallen asleep.

cntr

Banned
For what it's worth, that was also basically a third-ish of the first OVA epsiode, so it was mostly set up for stuff that was explained later within the same OVA episode.

So, this show is obviously an OVA that's been cut to fit a TV show.

So I've heard it has some sudden starts and stops.

That said, stuff should be more digestible next episode.

Yeah, 7 OVA episodes with times ranging from 45 - hour and the final episodes is well over the hour limit. For the tv cut episodes 1 - 3 are basically OVA episode 1.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
No clue. Second season still airing in Japan. No words on a dub yet and we are WAAAAAAY too early to know any replacements.

Actually they're already working on the Season 2 dub.

But yeah it will still be a while before it's shown possibly shown on Toonami

In the first anime, they added the explanation that this recording of the match was treated with nen to make auras visible, but that's what TV Tropes calls a Voodoo Shark, an explanation that just brings up more questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom