• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Visit the official Toonami Tumblr page here

jUu7CUg.png

iF279uN.png

8i5IND8.png

fykxhwm.png

OwzGyOt.png

TwxVANl.png

flTdk1W.png

GKDm7Of.png

nmttbLt.png

bEdN2ai.png

nmttbLt.png

XcWAXZY.png

nmttbLt.png

rp94pGX.png

|OT0||OT1||OT2||OT3||OT4||OT5||OT6||OT7||OT8||OT9||Jan14||Feb14||Mar14||Apr14|[May14||Jun14|

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

11:30 - Space Dandy - 12 - Nobody Knows the Chameleon Alien, Baby
12:00 - Space Dandy - 13 - Even Vaccuum Cleaners Fall in Love, Baby
12:30 - Space Dandy - 14 - I Can't Be the Only One, Baby
1:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 27 - Impossible Dream
1:30 - One Piece - 261 - Clash! Demon-Slasher Zoro vs. Ship-Slasher T-Bone!
2:00 - Blue Exorcist - 20 - Mask
2:30 - Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage - 16 - Greenback Jane
3:00 - Beware the Batman - 9 - Control
3:30 - Naruto - 27 - The Chunin Exam Stage 2: The Forest of Death
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 20 - Father Before the Grave
4:30 - Samurai Jack - 23 - Jack vs. Demongo, the Soul Collector
5:00 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 46 - ARC Troopers
5:30 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 18 - A Family Crisis

Later.

I like how I basically miss an entire Toonami and only miss the top spot by 30 posts :X

Btw for breakfast I have a large coke and a bacon double cheeseburger so wooo wired and energy

On the first of 3 flights today, I do have wifi on this flight so I might try and catch the west coast toonami feed like a boss

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
*bow* Thanks guys!

I have to admit... I didn't even wannta draw anything after Black Lagoon, lol. Rock's Straight Objection, his "Ok, put the wig back on, I like consoling girls better!" moment, Balalaika watching her nemesis Bleed out, without even giving a mercy Curb Stomp... Without that special animated ending, I dunno what I would have drawn, ha.

I find myself enjoying Blue Exorcist each week, and never really care too much about how basic the framework might be. Izumo's run reminded me of something out of FLCL for a bit there, I enjoyed how Shiemi flat out admitted her party desire was actually pretty selfish (rather than generically beating around the bush shyly), and Rin continues to be a bit refreshing for being much more open and truthful than most protags on the block.

I also enjoyed Usopp's convo with Robin. Getting to hear him talk so seriously for so long just seemed out of character for his usual role in things, and I liked it. Man, I forgot to draw something involving Rashomon! (Totally felt like a Goemon moment from Lupin the 3rd, too.)

Bleach still manages to be one of my favorite looking shows on the block. I was going to be pretty shocked if the "imagined" strike through Orihime turned out real. As a man, I disapprove of the destruction of such valuable property. Only Renji and Kenpachi are allowed to take slices like that. Orihime meeting our apparent Baddy like this before the main star does feels very DBZ, actually... Krillinhime?

I'm kind'a blitz'd over the idea of Dandy S2 starting next week. Return of the MEGA DANDY COVERS, BABY?!? I actually don't think my body is ready. BUT BY NEXT WEEK!?

Oh yeah, and Shovel Knight is pretty frickin' awesome. I really love how so much content from the backer-related bonuses help give the game a unique soul. All the Hammer Bros. Style SURPRISE, BOSS ENCOUNTA! moments are great, and the idea we'll get to try out all these knights we're slaying in actual gameplay is the kind of stuff I love in gaming. This is probably one of the best cases for Kickstarting a product I've ever seen, if things continue to flow as smoothly as the already-available content suggest.

Jintor

I was thinking about that fountain scene and what exactly it reminded me of, and I my first thought was of Mad Pierrot from Bebop.

cb031.jpg

The kid had way better pain tolerance than Tongpu though.

Jintor

i think doing a course on international law (and thus having to read up on rawanda, the balkans etc) has more or less insulated me to fictional pain. It can be disturbing and evocative but nothing's as depressing as stuff that has actually happened

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
New thread! *collapses* Ugh, woke up too early. May nap later.

Attack on Titan
So apparently this is the where the anime starts to crawl... thankfully I know it gets better.
The incomplete Titan at the end is still kind of creepy.

Bleach
And we have a villain! Make sure to block his Facebook requests.

Shippuden
Oh my god. Actual animation! Stuff happening! Scenes that didn't consist of characters standing around doing nothing! More of this please.
Is it really too much to ask for animation from animated cartoons?

I really don't get anime budgets. At least for ultra-popular series. You'd think One Piece and Shippuden would get consistently good animation... but that's not always the case. Maybe they believe that it's so popular that they'll get high ratings no matter what (which seems to be the case with One Piece). Speaking of...

One Piece
FRANKY CENTAUR! Also, Zoro cares not for your train cars.

Blue Exorcist
As I said last night, this plotline has been done in soooo many other children's shows since.... well always. It really does nothing new. I guess it's a good way to describe the manga in general...

Black Lagoon
So.... that happened.
I could tell a lot of people in the thread were overwhelmed by this. I guess the hours and hours I've watched of Law & Order SVU has numbed me a bit. That's not to say it wasn't screwed up, it totally was.
But yeah, nobody should question why Black Lagoon doesn't get high ratings anymore. That's not really the type of thing someone wants to see at 2:30 in the morning, or 1:30 in CST.

Beware the Batman:
"Alright Beware the Batman writers, we need to give Batman a sidekick for this series. Who's it going to be?"
"Robin?"
"No! That's what people would expect! We need to be completely unexpected and use characters nobody else would! That's our goal!"
"Batgirl?"
"Nooo, The Batman already did that. But let's keep Barbara Gordon in mind as a supporting character"
"Stephanie Brown as Spoiler?"
"Pretty sure DC would kill us if we try to use her. They seem to have something against her."
"Cassandra Cain?"
"Again, DC would kill us"
"... Katana?"
"Perfect! Get to work on character models!"
"But sir, Katana is character that clearly uses a sword (it's in her name). We're making a show for kids, we can't have her going around slicing people"
"Does it matter? Leonardo duel-wielded Katanas on TMNT all the time and he barely used them. It won't matter here"

At least, that's how I think it went.

Space Dandy Season 2 incoming, baby!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I feel like I understand what happened with the BL schedule switch now.

Somebody at CN finally saw the last episode and went, "uh, this is on before Batman? Nope."

TheChits

i think doing a course on international law (and thus having to read up on rawanda, the balkans etc) has more or less insulated me to fictional pain. It can be disturbing and evocative but nothing's as depressing as stuff that has actually happened

Indeed.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Time for another update on the BL roll count:

Episode 1:

Swears: 29
Bleeps: 3

Episode 2:

Swears: 18
Bleeps: 4

Episode 3:

Swears: 40 (most swears)
Bleeps: 2

Episode 4:

Swears: 8
Bleeps: 2 (+1 blur)

Episode 5:

Swears: 25
Bleeps: 7

Episode 6:

Swears: 14
Bleeps: 11

Episode 7:

Swears: 27
Bleeps: 25 (most bleeps)

Episode 8:

Swears: 16
Bleeps: 7

Episode 9:

Swears: 22
Bleeps: 21

Episode 10:

Swears: 20
Bleeps: 12

Episode 11:

Swears: 26

Episode 12:

Swears: 36
Bleeps: 18

Episode 13:

Swears: 23
Bleeps: 19

Episode 14:

Swears: 19
Bleeps: 13 (+ 1 removed scene)

Episode 15:

Swears: 17

Total swears said: 340
Total bleeps made: 168

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
WHEN'S KAI COMING TO TOONAMI.

WHY NOT THE ORIGINAL.

WHY'D YOU MOVE BLACK LAGOON? WHAT'S GONNA REPLACE IT? WHAT'S BLUE EXORCIST'S REPLACEMENT?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Doing my best to gather the more interesting stuff from the Q&A, assuming my internet doesn't keep dropping from the storm I'm having at the moment.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looks like we'll get another broadcasted Q&A "before august"....to which I assume it'll just confirm the air dates for Kai & whatever is replacing BL & BE.

Soulflarz

Banned
Im never gonna get into the who posted list :'(

I mean if i was here half as much as bass? Probably since i do post as much as it lets me during toonami >.<

Gorillaz

When I first watched the Twins arc I think the thing that really got me at first was the fact that Balalaika, and Chang to a small degree basically stopped everything in it's track within hours. Bala successful took both kids down by day break. At the end of the day in a way it shows that they run shit. In a pseudo "king and Queen" of Ronapaur way.

I also think this is the first time the BL showed it can easily let things fly fantasy wise, but can easily bring it back to earth. I remember being stunned when the girl was shot at the end because after years of watching anime (and just shows general) you expect the whole "maybe we can see each other again" talk and for that to be sign of things turning good/ending.

this isn't the only "dark" story but this was definitely the most twisted of the show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom