• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are some actually likely replacements for AoT if it doesn't repeat? Or is it likely to repeat, what do you guys think?

Well they usually try to get what was most popular among the fans watching the fansubs that season to replace that timeslot. If there is not threat of licensing troubles, which the dub would no doubt get rid of, Jojo might be a smart bet.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If we somehow do get Jojo, I just wonder how much they'd be able to air, considering we're only on episode 13 of 50-something as of Friday & no idea how far the dub would be.

789shadow

Banned
If we somehow do get Jojo, I just wonder how much they'd be able to air, considering we're only on episode 13 of 50-something as of Friday & no idea how far the dub would be.
We're airing dubbed Space Dandy before the episodes air in Japan, aren't we?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
We're airing dubbed Space Dandy before the episodes air in Japan, aren't we?
By about one day, I think. I guess it all depends on how much they've got dubbed. We're getting the first 3 dubbed next week, so I guess they might have more done than I originally thought.

....or maybe they'll announce it for Toonami at Anime Expo on Saturday. *shrug* Wishful thinking, but would be amazing.

I still can't believe that JoJo, the anime that everyone thought would never get a dub, has a better chance of airing on Toonami than Hunter x Hunter.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
*looks at Fall 2014 anime list* Let's see if there's any Toonami possibilities...
Oh hey, Log Horizon Season 2. I know people here love that show. I still need to see it.
Whoa, a Terra Formars anime. Now that could work.
More Gundam...
And that's all I recognize.

Levyne

Banned
If there's one last (big) void in Toonami at the moment, it's no Gundam of any kind. Hopefully it can happen eventually.

Levyne

Banned
ban lazybones

iuwhupYQ3wmwq.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Uggggh....
At least from what I've read about Phantom Bullet, there's something that resembles tension this time around. That is, people actually dying in games again.
I imagine it's still going to be stupid as fuck.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If there's one last (big) void in Toonami at the moment, it's no Gundam of any kind. Hopefully it can happen eventually.
Seriously, it's been a while since we had a show focused on a giant mech, save for Sym-Bionic Titan.

Gorillaz

Lagann seems like a no brainer and the fact it isn't on Toonami makes me think the rights to it cost much or are too much of a hassle

daveo42

Banned

*clicks*
*sees what it is*
*closes tab*

I should have known to expect that from you Lazy.

I'd be fine with pretty much any Gundam outside of Age. We definitely need our fill of giant mechs somewhere and SBT is good, but not nearly enough.

My suggested fix:

qnoyoGk.png

I can agree with that.

Raxus

Monster 1

I will post these in chunks and I will try to post (non-spoiler) pics and gifs along with my overall impressions. It goes without saying that if something is spoiler tagged then don't read it if you haven't seen the series.

Legit shook isn't enough to emphasize just how shook that girl was.

shook_zpsccb825c4.gif

My overall impression of the pilot is good. The characters are engaging and the narrative flows well. That said this is clearly set up for the events that will transpire for the remainder of the series with the biggest event being
the mysterious death of the couple
. Tenma is kind of naive but I expect that to quickly change. I need to see more to get better impressions of the rest of the characters but so far Eva and her dad seem one dimensional and I get the sneaking suspicion
we won't see much more of them soon enough.

Looking forward to the next episodes!

Monster anime doesn't really start till like episode 4

Also I doubt Attack on titan repeats, we don't have a solid date for s2 yet and even if we did the dub will probably take a year

Gorillaz

I'm about to go to work but I will look into trying to watch the first episode of monster tonight as well.

We should do a group watch of something tho.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I swear I haven't watched nearly enough anime to know wtf you guys are talking about half the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom