• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Gonna pop this in here so it's easy to search for later.

Symbionic Titan: July 19th, 2014
Blue Exorcist: August 9th, 2014
Black Lagoon: August 30th, 2014
Space Dandy: September 27th, 2014 (assumes S2 is 13 episodes)
Bleach: October 25th 2014
Attack on Titan: October 25th, 2014
Beware The Batman: Novermber 1st, 2014
Naruto (1st 52 episodes): December 28th, 2014
Samurai Jack: January 24th, 2015
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: May 16th, 2015
Clone Wars: September 12th, 2015
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Seeing the end date for BE makes me wish they'd answer the question of when we'd hear about its replacement.

& some kind of special "thingie" next week.

Great sketches this week SAB CA.

I'll be back in the top 30 list probably starting back when school starts back up again and I get a new laptop.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bebop is the SBT replacement, correct?
They didn't say, though it'd make sense.

& the Q&A is done. From what I've noticed was the more interesting stuff:

- Still no plans to expand to 11 PM, they're happy with what they have.
- Black Lagoon isn't doing bad by their account.
- It's hard to do stuff like the character profiles like back in the day due to limited time, but they're hoping to do it again.
- Broadcasted Q&A to air "before August probably."
- Kind of obvious, but they're hoping they can air Eva 3.33.
- They'll be at San Diego Comic-Con, but "not in an official Toonami capacity", nor will there be a Toonami panel.
- Some kind of special "thingie" next week. Could be a music video, game review, no idea.
- More TOM speeches coming, next one will be "a few more weeks yet".

Seda

Bebop is the SBT replacement, correct?

That's the assumption.

EDIT: This was the leaked listing starting 7/27 (when SBT has ended). Jack moves to the end, Bebop at 4:30.

11:30 Attack on Titan
12:00 Bleach
12:30 Space Dandy
01:00 Naruto Shippuden
01:30 One Piece
02:00 Blue Exorcist
02:30 Beware the Batman
03:00 Black Lagoon
03:30 Naruto
04:00 FMA Brotherhood
04:30 Cowboy Bebop
05:00 Star Wars: The Clone Wars
05:30 Samurai Jack

Neoxon

They're probably gonna rerun AoT Season 1 until the dub for Season 2 is out. Season 2 is out in Japan sometime next year, & I don't think the dub will take as long as this season did now that they have the licensing out of the way.

WBU1acz.png

TOP 5!!!!!!

IWdmEnH.gif

Watch at Daveo. I'm coming for dat neck.

Amikami...0__O....is that a coincidence?

DominoKid

When I first watched the Twins arc I think the thing that really got me at first was the fact that Balalaika, and Chang to a small degree basically stopped everything in it's track within hours. Bala successful took both kids down by day break. At the end of the day in a way it shows that they run shit. In a pseudo "king and Queen" of Ronapaur way.

I also think this is the first time the BL showed it can easily let things fly fantasy wise, but can easily bring it back to earth. I remember being stunned when the girl was shot at the end because after years of watching anime (and just shows general) you expect the whole "maybe we can see each other again" talk and for that to be sign of things turning good/ending.

this isn't the only "dark" story but this was definitely the most twisted of the show

The first time I saw it I was thinking "so how is Balalaika gonna handle this other kid"
*pow*
"Well then."

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, that was a fucking pathetic Q&A.
Think the problem is there's not much to ask nowadays. First one was great because there was so many questions to ask with the return to Toonami. Now that it's been, what, 2 years, there's not much else to ask since most is just repeats or stuff they can't discuss and/or announce yet.

TheChits

Think the problem is there's not much to ask nowadays. First one was great because there was so many questions to ask with the return to Toonami. Now that it's been, what, 2 years, there's not much else to ask since most is just repeats or stuff they can't discuss and/or announce yet.

Where has the time gone?!?! Holy cow

Moonlight

Banned
They didn't say, though it'd make sense.

& the Q&A is done. From what I've noticed was the more interesting stuff:

- Still no plans to expand to 11 PM, they're happy with what they have.
- Black Lagoon isn't doing bad by their account.
- It's hard to do stuff like the character profiles like back in the day due to limited time, but they're hoping to do it again.
- Broadcasted Q&A to air "before August probably."
- Kind of obvious, but they're hoping they can air Eva 3.33.
- They'll be at San Diego Comic-Con, but "not in an official Toonami capacity", nor will there be a Toonami panel.
- Some kind of special "thingie" next week. Could be a music video, game review, no idea.
- More TOM speeches coming, next one will be "a few more weeks yet".
Black Lagoon ratings being satisfactory sounds... well, satisfactory. Obviously it's not a major coup in terms of ratings, but I hope BL encourages Toonami to seek out other seinens to 'break up' the block a bit.

Eva 3.33 should be interesting. Mostly because I think it's awful, but following what other people think as they watch should be interesting.

Gorillaz

The first time I saw it I was thinking "so how is Balalaika gonna handle this other kid"
*pow*
"Well then."
That shot to the kneecap was something else too. You can hear the shot echo for like 20 seconds and then the one to the arm. She russian mob cold blooded

You saw how fast Revy tried to stop Eda from shooting hotel Moscow. She gave her the look like
kWf9T.png
Eda pls don't ahahahah

Gorillaz

I could have been still a little tired yesturday but....bleach last night

Did I see that right? did that sword get lost in Orihime's "plot"

ckohler

Shippuden was god tier.
You guys should really play Naruto Storm 2, as the boss battles are really awesome. And it must be pretty cheap by now. Sometimes a lot better than the show.[/URL]

Wow. The animation and production values are higher than the show. Last night's episode was pretty good towards the end but theses clips are better.

Well, that Q&A was a bit useless again. But, here are some questions I (kinda) liked:

hiddenfrodust Asked: Will there be a special thingie next week when space dandy premieres? (Music video, game review, promo)

There WILL be a special thingie next week, but we can’t tell you what, or if wont be as special!

joesam1 Asked: Why don't you guys air you Q&A's on TV anymore?

We haven’t had one in a little while, and we’ve had a lot of other stuff going on, on-air. But look for one soon. Before August probably

santiago1432 Asked: Are you guys ever going to air Neon Genesis Evangelion 3.33 You Can [Not] Redo ? If so what date ?

We certainly would like to. No date set. We will let you know if we get one.

Anonymous Asked: Is an expansion to 11pm possible or is it still a long shot?

We have no plans to expand beyond 11:30p. We’re happy right where we are.

4chanisbetter-than Asked: You guys should start listing the tracks you used in your promos/bumps/etc again. I liked when you did that.

You are right. Sorry. We will be better about doing that.

Damn, AoT and Bleach ending the same day. Didn't know that. Hope We here about AoT's replacement is just as "prolific" as AoT was.

Levyne

Banned
What are some actually likely replacements for AoT if it doesn't repeat? Or is it likely to repeat, what do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom