• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wait, they made two kindergarden kids draw a picture of their mother for Mother's Day despite the fact they had little to know idea what she looked like?

That's......kind of cruel, isn't it?

Ponn

Banned
It doesn't do those things. In One Piece world being creative with your powers and skills is everything, you'll see that soon enough.

I'll keep watching and see. It's just right now its kind of like a team of Kryptonians come down and curb stomp Flash, Katana, Plastic Man, Cyborg and Green Arrow and then i'm supposed to believe they come back and win without a Deus Ex Machina.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The worst thing about this is it is giving me Trinity Blood flashbacks, and I never want to remember that series exists.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The Vatican might be evil? I think they want me to be shocked by this.

Sorry anime writers, I can't hear your blunt "religion is evil" message over all the real life crimes committed by the Vatican.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The worst thing about this is it is giving me Trinity Blood flashbacks, and I never want to remember that series exists.
Oh god, this can get boring at times, but I'll take this any day over the borefest that was Trinity Blood uuuuggghhhhh.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'll keep watching and see. It's just right now its kind of like a team of Kryptonians come down and curb stomp Flash, Katana, Plastic Man, Cyborg and Green Arrow and then i'm supposed to believe they come back and win without a Deus Ex Machina.

To be fair to Zorro, he only ever gives a fuck when fighting swordsmen. Outside of that he gives little to no fucks.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I guess i'm new to One Piece but my impression was that One Piece was different from other Shounen that they don't really have training arcs or power boosts.

These guys are ridiculously overpowered.

People do get power boosts, but they're mostly born out of ingenuity and experience. There won't be any training anywhere in this saga.

The seeds were already sown in this episode to make CP9 a little more vulnerable than they have been while still coming off as totally badass and overpowered. Sanji, generally considered to be only #3 among the Straw Hats in physical power, nearly broke through their iron body defense with a regular attack. Unexpected actions can catch them off-guard. A blind spot in CP9's thinking is that they view their opponents as enemies of justice, people acting out of selfishness and/or evil, which is a weakness that could be exploited. All of that was in this episode alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom