• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul15| Sentai finally noticed us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gohan's character is thrown away during the Buu Saga.

I liked the great saiyaman, but pretty much everything after that just ruins it.

CJIax2jWcAAFWZO.png

How fab.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 30 - The Nightmare Recoome! Come Out and Play, Vegeta!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 31 - Goku Arrives At Last! Take Down the Ginyu Force!
12:30 - KILL la KILL - 21 - Incomplete
1:00 - Michiko e Hatchin - 3 - Like a Frantic Pinball
1:30 - Sword Art Online II - 14 - One Little Step
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 73 - Akatsuki's Invasion
2:30 - One Piece - 307 - Cannon Fire Sinks the Island! Franky's Lamentation!
3:00 - Attack on Titan - 15 - Special Operations Squad: Eve of the Counterattack, Part 2

Later.

Soulflarz

Banned
Y-you guys are watching this through? I started RE4 instead >_>

So, for reference, is this room more enjoyable when it's moving at a readable pace or less enjoyable? Genuinely curious.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Somebody last week said something like this scene throws Gohan's character development away.

I, uh.., disagree? Against Nappa he cowered the whole time. He showed a little more bravery against Vegeta on Earth and now he still tries to fight despite no chance to win (not to mention being more confident/competent during the Namek saga in general).

Lots of people tend to not give Gohan any credit. Either they remember the series wrong or are too wrapped up in the narrative presented by the Abridged series, or both.

Y-you guys are watching this through? I started RE4 instead >_>

So, for reference, is this room more enjoyable when it's moving at a readable pace or less enjoyable? Genuinely curious.

Hard to compare when its busier during normal toonami and only slow during marathons of episodes that already aired in the last few weeks.

Its more enjoyable when its busy obviously in this case.

Soulflarz

Banned
Wait
is dragon ball super not legally streamable in the US at the moment?

What good does a funi and crunchyroll sub do me today ;-;

Dragon Ball Super is pretty good. If it doesn't get simulcasted soon it will be the most baffling thing I've ever seen when it comes to simulcasts and dubbing

Grexeno

Dragon Ball Super is pretty good. If it doesn't get simulcasted soon it will be the most baffling thing I've ever seen when it comes to simulcasts and dubbing
Well, since apparently DBZ Kai Buu Saga isn't even being simulcast yet I guess Toei is going to sit on Dragonball shows until the finish before allowing them to be released overseas in any official capacity.

Regiruler

I don't know if I agree with super summaries given that
A. Kai is currently airing and even summary material for super could spoil a lot
B. Currently unable to air legally in the US unless I missed something

To be honest I don't like the regulary scheduled discussion and summaries of non toonami material in general. Aren't there other communities for that?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Only one episode has aired but it will adapt it all, 39 episodes in total. The original creator is a consultant as well.

Damn, sounds like it might only cover half. That's still pretty awesome, I was just hoping they'd do the whole thing since it has FMA levels of construction and One Piece levels of call backs. Glad to hear the creator is involved though.

Either way it'd be an amazing pickup for Toonami, you guys would love it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
FINALLY back home. & to celebrate my return, rumor has it that Steve Blum will play Kars in the Jojo dub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom